Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 05:11 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
You mean switch orientations?

I don't know this whole thing about orientations. I desire the opposite sex. I don't know about switching because of opportunities. There was a period in my life when the only person that wanted me was a guy and that just made me want women more and left me more disgusted with men. (He was a control freak).
I appreciate your candor. I don't know if you're a guy or girl. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
OP, I assume your a man.

Would you switch teams and start to route for the D???

Since we're so curious about hetro's and them switching teams and all.
I am a man. No, I couldn't switch. Course I'm in the can't teach-an-old-dog-new-tricks category now. But I've loved women since my first GF and I played Dr. when we were 5 and I proposed to her and she accepted Then her father got wind of what we were doing in the closet and broke us up and I never saw her again. I recently came across some photos of us at 5 and all the emotions came back. But I'm married now and so I don't dwell on it. Wouldn't be fair to my wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 05:14 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I appreciate your candor. I don't know if you're a guy or girl. Sorry.
Given what's been going on lately, I don't know, either

J/K I'm a guy. Born one, will die one.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:16 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
This may be the one and only time I can think of that we don't quite agree

While I too think people are born gay, I also believe there is a certain percentage of people (probably fairly small) that CHOOSES to "switch teams".

Those choosing to go same sex might just be bisexual, but others were abused by the opposite sex in such horrible ways they can't fathom a sexual partner of that sex as adults. Sad, but it happens.
That's fine.. we can't agree on everything.

I'm talking about getting down to very nitty gritty and probably not too pg13... but just the idea of touching a man in that way, I just can't imagine women annoying me so much to get there.

I'm not homophobic in the slightest and mean that from the bottom of my heart... I'm not even bothered by gays around me.. matter of fact the city I live in has a huge gay population, only second to San Francisco.....

I also see these stories of young kids committing suicide because they are so conflicted about how they feel... things of that nature tells me that it really isn't something that someone consciously wakes up and decides that they are going to do...

Some do of course, but I doubt it sticks, so to speak.

I think that since gays are born gay that they deserve equal access for every protection just like anyone else would get. I didn't really phrase that right, but I think you might know what I mean.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:

Thank you. I thought it out both ways and realized it worked wonderfully both ways.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:

BTW, I have had that exact same situation and reacted exactly the same. I mean I still stayed friendly with the guys who approached me, but I had to be firm there was absolutely no hope for a relationship.

Old 06-28-2014, 05:39 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Thank you. I thought it out both ways and realized it worked wonderfully both ways.
That is the freaky part.

I remember on this forum that there was a funny post about me being a woman that gets approached by women. (Ridiculous typos from my post)

Quote:
BTW, I have had that exact same situation and reacted exactly the same. I mean I still stayed friendly with the guys who approached me, but I had to be firm there was absolutely no hope for a relationship.
Yeah, there are certain types of people in the "alternate lifestyle" that I get along with very well. They are kind hearted and thoughtful.

I just don't go well with control freaks of any lifestyle. I have the same problem with heterosexual control freaks that I do with other control freaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships