Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 11:11 AM

14 posts, read 27,184 times

Advertisements

The answer is simple, what guy benefits from having a woman who works just as many hours as he does and is unwilling to roll back said career in order to stick it to the patriarchy? Maybe they want kids and many of this demographic don't want kids. Maybe a guy doesn't care about how much money you make. Many young women conflate what they find desirable in men to what men ought to desire in women.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:14 AM

48,533 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Most of the career oriented women I know are married.

They're not really supposed to be checking out the leftovers.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-29-2014, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Most of the career oriented women I know are married.

They're not really supposed to be checking out the leftovers.
Not our generation the millennial one.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:17 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
What? I don't understand your point at all. Who said they can't find a man? Who said men don't want women who work? According to the overwhelming opinion of young men posting on C-D, they do want women who make their own money.

"Roll back [the] career in order to stick it to the patriarchy"? What does that mean?

If you have an opinion on the matter, please state it as your opinion, not the opinion of an entire generation.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Please explain.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj848 View Post
Not our generation the millennial one.
Plenty of my friends in that age range are getting married and they are all lawyers and such. Though a lot of them aren't as marriage-centric as women of previous generations.

But overall they are either married or with long term BFs.

Haven't heard any of them complain they can't find a man. You guys are scattered all OVER the place, messing up the throw pillows and stuff.....

Old 06-29-2014, 11:20 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times
Quote:
The answer is simple, what guy benefits from having a woman who works just as many hours as he does and is unwilling to roll back said career in order to stick it to the patriarchy? Maybe they want kids and many of this demographic don't want kids. Maybe a guy doesn't care about how much money you make. Many young women conflate what they find desirable in men to what men ought to desire in women.

Many women in this category are unmarried mainly because their career became a priority over relationship.

Just move to any major city, especially New York, and you will see no shortage of these types.

Everybody has their choice. I don't hold it against women for wanting to pursue career success.

When things are all said and done.....these women only have themselves to blame if they are unhappy with their love life.

With that said....I love a smart....intelligent....career minded woman.

However, I do believe there are other more important qualities that men use when determining if a woman is marriage material.

A lucrative employment position is on the bottom of the list.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What? I don't understand your point at all. Who said they can't find a man? Who said men don't want women who work? According to the overwhelming opinion of young men posting on C-D, they do want women who make their own money.

"Roll back [the] career in order to stick it to the patriarchy"? What does that mean?

If you have an opinion on the matter, please state it as your opinion, not the opinion of an entire generation.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. Please explain.
[url=http://www.forbes.com/sites/larissafaw/2012/12/05/why-are-so-many-professional-millennial-women-unable-to-find-dateable-men/]Why Are So Many Professional Millennial Women Unable To Find Dateable Men? - Forbes[/url]

This article more or less

Old 06-29-2014, 11:23 AM

Wait! I thought it was women over 40 who can't find a man!? You know, because our looks fade and stuff......

Now it's the 30 and unders too?!!!

Just can't catch a break if your a woman! We better change our ways!

Thank you OP! What would we have done without you!!?

Old 06-29-2014, 11:27 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Well, from what I gather on CD - as long as these young women pay for the dates and put out on the first date - they'll be just fine.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:29 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:

What patriarchy? Where the man is the head of the household and she is to do as he tells her to do no questions asked and no complaints?
What era are you from? If a man wants a woman like that he is living in the wrong era, wants a Mother or a Maid but does not want an equal partnership in marriage.

And people wonder why some women run away from this type of man and choose to remain single?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships