Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 03:02 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,365 times

Advertisements

a mandatory requirement among most women before considering dating, being in a relationship with a man? what if he just has a high school diploma, is he screwed, will the odds be against him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2014, 03:10 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,456,933 times
Most females want someone ambitious and able to make a living.
You do not need a collage degree for this.

The Mileage completely varies depending on the social and living environment you are dating within.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:11 PM

173 posts, read 155,362 times
I think most people who are casually dating probably wouldn't mind, but anyone who is looking to settle down and marry is probably thinking about earning potential. I would only date someone who has a Bachelor's degree or has a career plan already that did not require college education (i.e., already running a company, independently wealthy, working for family company, etc). Everyone these days it seems has undergrad education, so it seems like enough people are out there trying to make that their accepted level in a partner as well.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:18 PM

4,613 posts, read 4,797,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurseygrl View Post
I think most people who are casually dating probably wouldn't mind, but anyone who is looking to settle down and marry is probably thinking about earning potential. I would only date someone who has a Bachelor's degree or has a career plan already that did not require college education (i.e., already running a company, independently wealthy, working for family company, etc). Everyone these days it seems has undergrad education, so it seems like enough people are out there trying to make that their accepted level in a partner as well.
There's only a few careers that require college education. Unless someone is limiting themselves to only doctors, lawyers, teachers, and a few others...there are plenty of people to date whose career plans will not require college.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:24 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,562 times
I think these days, men require it just as much.

What I have experienced is that an attractive woman can have no type of career but having a degree or multiple degrees shows she is intelligent.

I think a man with multiple degrees but less career/$ success would be much less valued.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:26 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,269,365 times
ya just asking because when I go on online dating sites, it seems most attractive women over age 23 and older have a college degree, mainly bachelor's degree at least, from seeing many online dating profiles online so I wonder if this is the majority in real life as well, because i'm assuming most women refuse to date down right?

Old 03-31-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
There's only a few careers that require college education. Unless someone is limiting themselves to only doctors, lawyers, teachers, and a few others...there are plenty of people to date whose career plans will not require college.
I agree, but my point was the career plan. If your plan is to sit at home playing WoW and calling it a career, that's a big fat no. If you wanted to go to trade school, or have a plan to do something else pther than college, I'd be willing to listen and date such a person.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:28 PM

706 posts, read 1,205,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
a mandatory requirement among most women before considering dating, being in a relationship with a man? what if he just has a high school diploma, is he screwed, will the odds be against him?
For some women it is. Not all. Most women are fine with someone who is happy in what they do for a living. Not all jobs require degrees. However I do have friends that do have a min. Degree requirement. Btw she's in her 40s, never married nor has she had a LTR. I do believe she wanted one too. I hope that helps answer your question about SOME women that place a requirement on a SO such as that.

Old 03-31-2014, 03:31 PM

9 posts, read 9,975 times
Default no degree matters to me!

Quote:
A degree doesn't make a man better. There are plenty of men who not have degrees and are millionaire. As long as they have intuition to better themselves. Hello! Its called thinking out of the box!!!

Old 03-31-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
ya just asking because when I go on online dating sites, it seems most attractive women over age 23 and older have a college degree, mainly bachelor's degree at least, from seeing many online dating profiles online so I wonder if this is the majority in real life as well, because i'm assuming most women refuse to date down right?
I don't think not having a college education is dating "down" per se. I think it more has to be about the level of ambition and desire for a career vs a job. For example, I don't really care what level of education a man has, but I do typically look for men with college degrees for the following reasons: 1. They're likely to be through that post-high school age of "figuring themselves out" and looking for a hook up 2. They're likely to be vested in their career and making themselves the best they can be at it 3. They're more likely to have the "career" taken care of and can focus on the dating aspect of their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships