Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 01:10 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katniss2000 View Post
I am a little stuck. I have been dating a guy for a while now and he has just recently told me he has actually had a Vasectomy 5 years ago. I ultimately would like more children. Between us we have 3 already from past relationships.
I really like being with my boyfriend but feel that I will not be fulfilling my dream to have more children should we choose to be together and get married. We are really compatible yet feeling this will tear us apart as Inwill feel ripped off if we don't have a baby together. What to do... Feeling a bit sad about making a decision...when we are so compatible.
wow, pretty egocentric if you ask me.

He needs to know right away that you would feel "ripped off" if he is not able to have a child with you so he can get the heck out of Dodge

No person should stay with a partner who doesn't love them utterly and completely - your "love" (and I use that word loosely) is apparently conditional.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 01:14 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
I am a little stuck. I have been dating a guy for a while now and he has just recently told me he has actually had a Vasectomy 5 years ago. I ultimately would like more children. Between us we have 3 already from past relationships.
I really like being with my boyfriend but feel that I will not be fulfilling my dream to have more children should we choose to be together and get married. We are really compatible yet feeling this will tear us apart as Inwill feel ripped off if we don't have a baby together. What to do... Feeling a bit sad about making a decision...when we are so compatible.
Maybe this is God's way of telling you to quit while you're ahead. Be glad you found someone you're compatible and leave it alone.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:41 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Well, you have a choice to make.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-02-2014, 01:59 PM

374 posts, read 393,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartos View Post
I'm entitled to an opinion and if you don't like it, too bad.
No, actually you aren't entitled to an opinion on how many kids someone wants to have.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:18 PM

16,711 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
No, actually you aren't entitled to an opinion on how many kids someone wants to have.
Actually, anybody can have an opinion on anything.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:22 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Adoption. There is enough of children without parents on this earth.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:27 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,009,690 times
If you have a great relationship with this guy, is the number of kids the two of you have that important? You both already have kids by the sounds of it, and you can focus your love for children and attention to those three now, while sharing a great relationship with each other. Doesn't sound too terrible to me.

I can sort of relate. My wife and I have been hopeful of having another child. We have one. However, in 2.5 years we have only had one miscarriage and no other pregnancies. It is very disappointing, but our decision for now has been to focus on loving our daughter and growing our own relationship... and if we are unable to have another child we will be content and happy with what we have (and we are happy with what we have).

Old 07-02-2014, 02:32 PM

374 posts, read 393,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Actually, anybody can have an opinion on anything.
It's not someone's place to give their opinion on how many children that person wants.

There's a line.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:34 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Sorry, this statement is a bit ridiculous. You know, there is more to life than having more and more children. You don't need to make a new one every time you find a new partner.

Be glad you have 3 (!!!) children already, why not focus on them and your partner? If you would have even more, you would have less time for your man and all the other kids.

I hope you know how tough it is to find a compatible person, don't throw it away lightly.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:41 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,926,321 times
It's pretty selfish to put having children as the main priority in your life, even hurting other people in the process (although it would be even worse if you continued this relationship and then broke it off later). You have three kids - focus on them. We have seven billion people in this world already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships