Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 02:14 PM

85 posts, read 59,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Let me let you in on a few secrets -
As Mikala said - nobody "deserves" a partner. Nobody is entitled to love. It's something you look for with an open mind and an open heart.

Calling other people immoral because they have premarital sex comes off as very judgmental. Just like saying that people who like movies and sports are acting like children and just wasting time. I'm not sure what is immoral about having sex before marriage. And just because something doesn't appeal to you doesn't mean that it shouldn't appeal to anyone. I love watching movies and watching sports. I also love reading Charles Dickens, Jane Austen and George Eliot - as well as Janet Evanovich, the Twilight books, The Hunger Games books, and some other fun fluffy stuff. I also love to travel, eat at nice restaurants, go running, hang out with my friends, etc. Things aren't black and white. Different people like different things - and it doesn't make them better or worse than anyone else. And nobody likes someone who puts others down for their hobbies.

Looking at other women's pictures and talking about how bad they look for their age isn't going to make you any younger. Putting other people down isn't going to make you any better.

Not drinking, smoking, or partying doesn't make you a better person. It seems to have made you a more judgmental person - but not a better person.
A person like me, who lives a moral lifestyle, is no different than one who has sex outside of marriage, parties, smokes and drinks? ok.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSunshine2020 View Post
Please don't take offense, but you strike me as a little immature. You are focusing on the sports issue exclusively, as if it's the end all be all, when it's so insignificant.
One woman's immature is another's youthful and lighthearted.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:16 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Lower my standards as in date old aging guys, have pre-marital sex, watch sports, go to bars, have a drink or two, listen to loud music, watch the mindless Kardashians on TV. No thanks...
That's not what I meant. I meant a guy your age or older who looks like his age. This whole "I look so much younger as I am" is starting to annoy me.

If you are super immature (which slowly comes across), yes, maybe you should date another immature guy ... or a much younger one.

If you just look younger but are mature and date a guy your age, who the heck cares if others think you are dating a much older guy?

I would like to date prince who is exactly how I want him - but chances to find him are 0.1%. So are your chances.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:18 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
A person like me, who lives a moral lifestyle, is no different than one who has sex outside of marriage, parties, smokes and drinks? ok.

I really don't find you moral at all. You just are someone who doesn't drink, smoke or have sex.

You ARE a person who intended to lie about her age AND posted a someone else's pictured and tried to pass if off as your own.

Miss Moral Poster..... not so moral.....
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-02-2014, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I really don't find you moral at all. You just are someone who doesn't drink, smoke or have sex.

You ARE a person who intended to lie about her age AND posted a someone else's pictured and tried to pass if off as your own.

Miss Moral Poster..... not so moral.....
It was wrong and I apologized. Please stop mentioning it.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:27 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Through some choices that were yours and some that apparently were made for you, you now view yourself as someone who should be rewarded for living a very particular lifestyle.

The problem is that you think you are better than most people because of that, and that incredible ego is what will keep you from finding a partner.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Can you explain to me how you are living a moral lifestyle and how a person who has a glass or two of wine while out with friends is immoral? Can you explain to me how you are living a moral lifestyle while someone who has had premarital sex and is now happily married and raising a few children is not? Because I really don't understand what makes you so moral. You don't sound moral. You sound judgmental and self superior. I've never smoked pot yet I don't think I'm more moral than people who have. I don't think I'm better than them. I simply haven't smoked pot and don't care to - I don't make a big to do about it.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post

As admirable as it is to wait till marriage for sex, you aren't going to be on a lot of guys radar. You're either going to have a guy that has interest, finds out you're a virgin and then disappears, or a guy who's constantly trying to push the limits to take your virginity. I'm not saying this to scare you, but that's the sad reality about dating. You have a set of skills that just don't match your age demographic. How closed off you are is more suited for a teenager and last I checked, online dating sites are 18 and over.

I say hold out till marriage for sex, since that's a really big deal for you. You're going to have to let a lot of your other criteria fall to the way side. No man is going to have everything you're looking for, yet be wildly interested in you. He may still have some interest in you, but he's likely got interest in other women as well. You're asking for a rather successful and unique guy. How often have you met a guy who was attractive, successful, slightly introverted, and not the life of the party? You're almost requesting an oxy moron. It would be like asking George Clooney, who has a plethora of acting skill, to serve fries at McDonalds and be happy.
I should probably not mention my stance on sex at all. If he mentions it, I would probably just tell him that I prefer to wait until marriage without revealing that I'm a virgin.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:33 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
It was wrong and I apologized. Please stop mentioning it.

No. You keep going on about your superior morality and putting down other people, your actions needed mentioning.

It makes one wonder what other things you have done that are "immoral" that you choose not to mention.

Glass houses, rocks and all that..........
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-02-2014, 02:37 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
I would try some Christian dating sites and not even go on any other one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships