Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 03:01 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissSunshine2020 View Post
That is definitely true. I do view myself as better to a degree, because I have not done those things. I don't mean to be judgmental, but people have a way of judging me and acting as though I'm wrong because I don't have premarital sex, drink and party.
You don't mean to be judgmental, yet you are.

As long as this is the case, you thinking you are better than others, you will never be happy.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:17 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Your online dating profile is suitable however the 'issue' I see is with your age range as I find generally gal's options tend to be quite sucky. Guys seemingly are really the only ones that can easily date (much) younger and settle down with such partners. Considering likely most guys your age don't seem to want gals their age I imagine the pool of younger guys wanting gals your age is even less. So if you're after the youth appeal the suited bet may be a guy older than you who looks younger than your age. I find gals can't really be as restrictive with their options as guys can and gals unlike guys generally have to be open minded and take what they can get.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Why? Because you don't like what you are hearing? You could actually learn from what people are telling you.
I think it's more that she doesn't like being made fun of. I doubt this will be closed seeing as one of the moderator's did such as well. I doubt she can learn much worth learning from mocking, ridiculing, and laughing at her.

She has her standards- non smoker, non drinker, healthy eater who will wait until marriage. That may seem demanding, uptight, rigid, stodgy to others but it is what suits her and she can offer the same in return. She has physical attractiveness preference- youth appeal. As for the age factor to me that's a non issue considering it seems the majority of guys seek (much) younger gals. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander in this case.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I think it's more that she doesn't like being made fun of. I doubt this will be closed seeing as one of the moderator's did such as well. I doubt she can learn much worth learning from mocking, ridiculing, and laughing at her.

She has her standards- non smoker, non drinker, healthy eater who will wait until marriage. That may seem demanding, uptight, rigid, stodgy to others but it is what suits her and she can offer the same in return. She has physical attractiveness preference- youth appeal. As for the age factor to me that's a non issue considering it seems the majority of guys seek (much) younger gals. So what's good for the goose is good for the gander in this case.
I see very little ridiculing and mocking but I do see a lot of non sugar coated advice.

It's not that she has standards - it's that she thinks she is superior. That's not going to help her. And her physical attractiveness preference seems to be based more on her wanting to be still in her 20's. And men are also advised not to be unwilling to date women in their own age range.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:

It's perfectly acceptable to have standards. But to use those standards to rank yourself above those who don't think the exact same way you do is, as Dewdrop pointed out, arrogant.

Her arrogance is keeping her lonely, not her "standards."

Old 07-02-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I see very little ridiculing and mocking but I do see a lot of non sugar coated advice.

It's not that she has standards - it's that she thinks she is superior. That's not going to help her. And her physical attractiveness preference seems to be based more on her wanting to be still in her 20's. And men are also advised not be unwilling to date women in their own age range.
Vastly different views.

Meh her possibly thinking she is superior is non issue to me considering it seems most of those responding to her think they're superior telling her to loosen up, that she's uptight, not fun, not open minded, that it's time for serious psychotherapy, etc. I'm not focused on how she perceives herself to others but her dating profile and her standards and what she offers in return. It seems she offers what she seeks excluding the age factor.

Men were advised not to be unwilling however I doubt most take such advice so to me her pursuing younger guys is tit for tat. There's a thread on here by a guy asking how hard is it for the average guy to get a younger gal.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:43 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
I'm not making fun of her. She has a right to have whatever preferences she wants. /shrug

Hypocrisy (claiming a high morality and caught lying twice as new member) bugs the bejesus out me. Also putting down how others live, certainly opened herself up to being likewise judged.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 07-02-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's perfectly acceptable to have standards. But to use those standards to rank yourself above those who don't think the exact same way you do is, as Dewdrop pointed out, arrogant.

Her arrogance is keeping her lonely, not her "standards."
Meh the arrogance in my opinion is a non issue considering many seem to use their standards- drinking, smoking, going out to put themselves above her as not being rigid, stodgy, boring etc like she is.

I doubt it's her not her standards considering the oh so many posts about how seeking a non smoker/non drinker eliminates a vast majority of the population and how few younger guys seek older gals for long-term relationships especially settling down. Plus the oh so many posts on how she needs to loosen up on those standards and those standards are too demanding and high maintenance or she'll end up alone forever.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,168,171 times
Quote:
Meh the arrogance in my opinion is a non issue considering many seem to use their standards- drinking, smoking, going out to put themselves above her as not being rigid, stodgy, boring etc like she is.

I doubt it's her not her standards considering the oh so many posts about how seeking a non smoker/non drinker eliminates a vast majority of the population and how few younger guys seek older gals for long-term relationships especially settling down. Plus the oh so many posts on how she needs to loosen up on those standards and those standards are too demanding and high maintenance or she'll end up alone forever.
Let me put it this way - I have friends who don't drink at all. Not a big deal. I have friends that don't smoke (I actually have very few friends that do smoke). I have friends that didn't have premarital sex (albeit very few). What I don't have is friends that think they are morally superior to me because of these things - just as I don't view myself as morally superior to my friends that have done things that I haven't.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:

"Meh" is not a word, you know. Or is that a typo??

So what DO you think?

Offer solutions, not just criticism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships