Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 789 times

Advertisements

Im a 20 year old senior in college with a girlfriend who's a year younger and lives 5 hours away. she loves me to death and I love her but am not sure if i want to continue this long distance. We attend the same college so when we are there it's ok, and i just mean okay, because when we are together she is too possessive. We are together for 8 months now and there has been several arguments that led to me breaking up with her, but the coward I am gets back with her a day after because I do actually love her. Is this all worth it? I graduate next year and I believe it will be even harder because when I'm working full-time we will see each other even less being that I wont be at college and won't really be able to take off. I'm confused as if I love the relationship or just love her. It feels weird and ever since we've been arguing since we were just two months in, there just hasn't been that spark. Please help and will be open to all opinions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 10:11 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,287 times
If you have broken up multiple times and you're only 8 months in, then no, it's not going to get better.

You say you love her but I don't see it. You just mention arguing and her being possessive. Though I usually don't use this argument, I have to say that you are too young to be stuck in a relationship like that with it being long distance. Successful long distance relationships have to have an end date. At your age (three years ago), I lived in Europe for four months and my boyfriend was in the US, and it was tough, but we had an end date and I knew I'd be back permanently. Without that, I find it difficult for those relationships to survive.

And then you say she is possessive and you fight a lot...I don't see this being worth holding on to. Sorry.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:21 AM

537 posts, read 1,243,828 times
Breaking up multiple times in less than a year isn't a very good relationship. This could be her frustration over being long distance, however, if you get in multiple fights with someone and aren't able to reach an understanding, that means you're missing a very important part of your relationship. Love is so different when you're twenty. It doesn't seem like you love the relationship or her. You're holding on to something for the sake of holding onto it.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:29 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,620,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcatalano View Post
Im a 20 year old senior in college with a girlfriend who's a year younger and lives 5 hours away. she loves me to death and I love her but am not sure if i want to continue this long distance. We attend the same college so when we are there it's ok, and i just mean okay, because when we are together she is too possessive. We are together for 8 months now and there has been several arguments that led to me breaking up with her, but the coward I am gets back with her a day after because I do actually love her. Is this all worth it? I graduate next year and I believe it will be even harder because when I'm working full-time we will see each other even less being that I wont be at college and won't really be able to take off. I'm confused as if I love the relationship or just love her. It feels weird and ever since we've been arguing since we were just two months in, there just hasn't been that spark. Please help and will be open to all opinions!

When you have the chance.....take your left hand....OR RIGHT........AND reach down as far as you can between your legs.

If you are a man....as you claim to be.....you should be able to grab a hold of two things........

One of them should be a set of balls.

It is quite possible that you may have to reach back a little further between your legs to find them.

That is ok.

Once you have located them......come back to this thread and let us know how it feels to FINALLY realize that you have a pair.

Now it is time to do something with them.

Cut this chick loose. You are not happy. You are in control of your own life.

Have the "balls"........AKA........STRENGTH to make a right decision

Old 07-02-2014, 10:31 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Life is too short.

Break up. Move on.

Old 07-02-2014, 12:07 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
It's not working. And it's not because of the distance. You don't seem well-suited to each other. Let it go.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:36 PM

5 posts, read 4,111 times
Quote:
I have found LDRs only work if two basic guidelines are followed:

1) Forget about strict monogamy. That never works in a LDR. Either agree to have an open relationship, or adopt a "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

2) LDRs need to become regular, close-proximity relationships within a reasonably short time. Otherwise, the stresses of being apart a likely to make the relationship too painful to continue.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
You are like the man who has been told his loved one is dying of a terminal illness but you still insist on all manner of things to keep the patient alive.

At your age and in your situation relationships like this have a shorter lifespan.

I know it's hard to accept, but it's time to let this one die honey.

She is not "the one", at least not right now.

Old 07-02-2014, 03:55 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
When you have the chance.....take your left hand....OR RIGHT........AND reach down as far as you can between your legs.

If you are a man....as you claim to be.....you should be able to grab a hold of two things........

One of them should be a set of balls.

It is quite possible that you may have to reach back a little further between your legs to find them.

That is ok.

Once you have located them......come back to this thread and let us know how it feels to FINALLY realize that you have a pair.
Yikes, your balls seem to hang very low.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Yikes, your balls seem to hang very low.
Young guys need their balls to drop.lol!

Op look at the pros and cons of staying together.
If the cons outweigh the pros you need to break it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships