Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 08:03 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,430,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
Than stop being a little boy than she will stop you hump .
This. It takes two to tango. If she treats you like a boy is because you haven't asserted yourself as a man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 08:26 AM

19 posts, read 26,109 times
I really don't get her theory on redirecting my order at restaurants, I mean, if I got fat, that'd be my business. If she got fat, I wouldn't redirect her.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:18 PM

45,398 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyfromthatthing View Post
I really don't get her theory on redirecting my order at restaurants, I mean, if I got fat, that'd be my business. If she got fat, I wouldn't redirect her.
She wishes to control and dominate you Grasshopper.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:26 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,999,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
This. It takes two to tango. If she treats you like a boy is because you haven't asserted yourself as a man.
Well, seeing that they are both teenagers, he cannot assert himself as a "man" yet, since he is definitely NOT a man yet.

If she want's to date someone more mature, she should be dating someone in his 30s.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:32 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
this fall we'll both be seniors in high school ( YES !!!!! FINALLY !!!!!) and we've been dating since fall of our sophomore year. My girlfriend Amber is sweet, funny, and gorgeous. Her flaw is how " motherly" she is. I know everything she says to me, is said with good intentions. She's the oldest of 3 and because her mom is always working, from a young age, she was " mom" to her two brothers( great guys btw). She dished out the chores, cooked dinner most nights, broke up fights between brothers, etc so it's in her fiber to act this way, but it's annoying.

I'm not exaggerating with anything I'm about to tell you. If it's a Saturday and she's over during the day, we can't leave for dinner until I've cleaned my room( I'm a teenage guy, I consider " well I can see the floor at least" as clean.) and they must be cleaned by her standards. If it's a Friday, we can't leave until I've done the " light" homework, you know, worksheets, math problems, vocabulary words, basically anything that's not studying for a test or a paper. Her argument being " now you don't get to procrastinate" If we're at a restaurant, she insists I tell her what I plan on ordering, again, being a teenage guy, being " healthy" is not my plan, if she doesn't approve her response will be " looks unhealthy, I think you should consider the______.". She doesn't do any of these things with dictator like tones by any means. What she's doing to me is what she does to her brothers. They can't go do social things unless their rooms are clean, homework is done, and all of the meals she cooks for the 3 of them are healthy. How do I talk to her? I've tried little talks, but she keeps doing it. Suggestions?
let it go. she grew up doing this, and it is now very hard for her to try and stop doing it. just go with the flow and let her be her, you wont change her and you wont like it if she changes trust me.

look at this as a growing experience for you though, she is pushing you to be better than you are right now, and trust me that is actually good for you. especially if you plan on going into the military. you think she is always pushing you, wait until you get a real boss or a DI.

Old 07-05-2014, 02:44 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,143,927 times
Just go Gordon Ramsey on her and tell her to get well you know

Old 07-05-2014, 03:02 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,641 times
Quote:
I draw the line on food.....f-that! You don't need this any of this brudda.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:37 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,919,333 times
If this girl can't figure out the difference between her little brother and her boyfriend, then it tells you she likes to control people. If you want this young lady running your life, telling you what to eat etc for the rest of your life, then keep her. Otherwise, time to say adios.

Old 07-05-2014, 11:14 PM

78 posts, read 63,263 times
Get straight to the point. Don't sugarcoat it by telling her how wonderful her intentions are either.
Don't get mad while you tell her either. Just matter of fact tone in your voice.

When she starts in on state of your bedroom, say "well, it's my room" and bring the subject right back around to whatever you two are going to do (out to dinner). Don't talk about your bedroom anymore even if she does. Don't respond.

Tell her you will order whatever it is you are planning to order and just order it. Let her go on about what's healthy or not. Don't respond.

Tell her you will procrastinate if that's what you want to do. It's your homework.

Simply tell her to quit telling you what to do. Tell her you will make your own decisions and to stop doing it. Nobody likes someone telling them what to do. We all have to suffer through that during childhood from our parents and teachers. After that, nobody gets to order us around (unless it's your boss at work of course, but that is it).

Just tell her to stop ordering you around and advising you. That you don't like it, don't need it, and it's a big turnoff too. She prob doesn't realize you hate it. You have to tell her. Otherwise you'll walk around silently resenting her and she'll be confused and it'll all blow up into something passive/aggressive and nasty.

Speak up.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:31 PM

19 posts, read 26,109 times
maybe if I spoil her she'll stop or the brothers and I should revolt

Last edited by thatguyfromthatthing; 07-07-2014 at 05:44 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships