Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 08:03 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,009,746 times

Advertisements

I feel so sorry for that 20 something that is about to be singled out for a most insulting proposal. Hi, I'm married to an addict, have an 8 year old who is having to live with a drunk, and a bad marriage, and think so little of you that I want to put you in the middle of my drama.

Assuming that this 20 something knows nothing about your personal problems, and is a normal healthy young woman, why would she want your baggage? How would you feel if some guy with a bad marriage, children, and an addicted wife decided to ask your daughter out? When the shoe is on the other foot, things don't look so pretty.

I can understand lonely, but there is a better way to escape than to ruin the life of a young woman. If you can't fix the marriage then divorce is your answer. Fix this with integrity, honesty, and honor, not with deceit. You and your daughter will be the winners if you do this the right way. If the young woman is available after the divorce, then give her a go.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:40 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,655,098 times
I told a friend once not to make a situation bad by being the bad guy....She did not take my suggestions. She cheated on her husband because of her unhappiness. She looked like a real rose... NOT...
She looked like the jerk... this was when we were in our 20's... We are now in our last year of being in our 30's.. First off, you are in your 40's and think you could get a 20 something chick without consequences? There will always be... maybe the 20 something wouldn't and plus she shouldn't and you shouldn't... Your in lust pure and simple... too you want a MISTRESS... omgoodness that is so disrespectful even to the 20 year old.. someone to play with, make you feel good for a little bit, to forget about your problems but no COMMITMENT too.. You never said anything about wanting to end it? You said you wanted a MISTRESS in the OP... so you are looking at someone like a sex object and nothing more.... That is very selfish.... and your daughter will be the one hurt by it all... and you will look like scum in her eyes... I know how she would feel... been there done that too... Everything I was taught was washed down the drain when I found the truth in my family with my parent. I have had to forgive to go on but it took my brothers a long time to forgive. You could cause this to happen... not the act of divorce but of taking up and cheating on mom....

Old 12-28-2007, 12:09 AM

2 posts, read 7,845 times
I think you only live once. If you feel that your life would be better with out your drug abusive wife than divorce seems right. Children do become sad when parents split, but why put them through a marriage that doesn't work. Don't cheat, you would be just as bad as your wife. Just because she's doing something wrong doesn't mean you should. Plus hiding a "Mistress" is just asking to be caught, than that makes you the bad one. Good Luck and enjoy life!

Old 12-28-2007, 11:27 AM
TCK

166 posts, read 565,462 times
Default I totally agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach1212 View Post
I think you only live once. If you feel that your life would be better with out your drug abusive wife than divorce seems right. Children do become sad when parents split, but why put them through a marriage that doesn't work. Don't cheat, you would be just as bad as your wife. Just because she's doing something wrong doesn't mean you should. Plus hiding a "Mistress" is just asking to be caught, than that makes you the bad one. Good Luck and enjoy life!
Children are stronger than you think. I have had friends growing up that once their unhappy parents split they basically said THANK GOODNESS, ABOUT TIME! Sometimes we do stay with that person because we have more control over where the kids are, what they are doing (basically taking over full control). Maybe everyone needs a fresh start. I wish you wisdom and luck.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:32 PM
trm

41 posts, read 89,354 times
just remember...what goes around comes around and when it does come back around you will have a very difficult time dealing with it. its easy to do the wrong thing and take as REAL man to be just that..a REAL MAN. Do the right thing!!!! The thought alone is very selfish because you are the only one that you are looking out for. You will hurt this mistress, your daughter and wife. What type of example are you showing your daughter? You should be ashamed of yourself. I don't intend to be mean but come on!!! I am just keeping it very real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships