Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 04:49 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Easiest way for a guy to be involuntary celibate and be single, is simple, do nothing, what or who, where, when, did life, society, culture, make it the guys role to take life and matters into their own hands, while women remain passive and get things and pleasure handed to them on a silver platter?
Involuntarily celibate men should advertise for involuntarily celibate women and hook up. Both probably have social issues, and could work them out together. Go for it! And don't come back and tell me there are no involuntarily celibate women, because there are. Just advertise for them and they'll be running after you desperately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 04:54 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
how can you help me? I can't get dates and never have before. i would rather be dead then stuck like this for the rest of my life. i never had any connections with anyone. why cant you understand that. most people have dating lives and the ones that don't are probably losers.
i have ways to help you, but you have to want my help.

if you do, then DM me and we can get started.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:39 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,730,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have ways to help you, but you have to want my help.

if you do, then DM me and we can get started.

okay. i want help getting dates like other women my age.

Old 07-05-2014, 05:57 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
You know, there are a lot of mixed messages on this board regarding this topic. There are threads from people who seem very needy, desperate and co-dependent. And they are told that they need to find contentment on their own and fulfill their own lives without counting on others to do it for them. That they must first learn to be happy with themselves. But now you have two posters who are essentially saying that you must depend on others in order to live a fulfilled life. So which is it?

As for everyone moving on while you remain in place what's the point of dwelling on it? What good will that do?
I was wondering the same thing....

Different people have different opinions. I believe that what they are trying to say is that you need to find a balance between the two. Let the other person add to your happiness. I don't like the idea of having to have someone by your side just so you won't have to be alone. I don't want to be a burden on anyone and one of the main goals in my life is to be independent.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:02 PM

13,646 posts, read 9,708,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Involuntarily celibate men should advertise for involuntarily celibate women and hook up. Both probably have social issues, and could work them out together. Go for it! And don't come back and tell me there are no involuntarily celibate women, because there are. Just advertise for them and they'll be running after you desperately.
Agreed, except that the challenge is too serious to be left to the private sector. We need a Ministry of Mating, a federal agency which serves as matchmaker. We've seen how private efforts (online dating) degenerate into ruses and schemes, empty promises, frustrations and crossed signals. But a centralized organization, with a national registry at its disposal, can produce real good - and distribute the most, to those who need it most.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:05 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,678,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I was wondering the same thing....

Different people have different opinions. I believe that what they are trying to say is that you need to find a balance between the two. Let the other person add to your happiness. I don't like the idea of having to have someone by your side just so you won't have to be alone. I don't want to be a burden on anyone and one of the main goals in my life is to be independent.

Simple really, you can't depend on others for 100% of your happiness. However we all need relationships and social interactions to be happy, one does not cancel the other out. It is really is not that hard.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:51 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,205,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Simple really, you can't depend on others for 100% of your happiness. However we all need relationships and social interactions to be happy, one does not cancel the other out. It is really is not that hard.
This I agree with but the discussion is about romantic relationships and I maintain that not everyone needs romantic relationships to be happy.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:54 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
okay. i want help getting dates like other women my age.
How old are you?

Old 07-05-2014, 06:57 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
How old are you?
She's in her 30's why you want two girlfriends?

Old 07-05-2014, 07:09 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,236,547 times
The fallacy of what he told you is that he was never married, so he assumed it would be a wonderful experience with butterflies and rainbows.

Had he actually gotten married, his advice might have been much different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships