Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:31 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
That was then I am a brand new person now. I have changed for the better. You don't have to believe me, but I have.

Celebration by Kool and the Gang with lyrics - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 06:33 PM

88 posts, read 167,298 times
Absolutely. Now more than ever.

Beware though that after a person dies it doesn't matter what they did or didn't.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:41 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
Bit curious as to why you seem to think sexual urges can't be handled without dating such as with masturbation. I'm not asexual however I have pretty much no interest in sex considering the female orgasm gap so to me it's masturbation > sex anytime.
For some people masturbation just isn't good enough. There's more fun and variety with another person for some people--alot more to do, be done, and the companionship as well. I never had sex, and it's just solo for me. But hell, even I get bored with it. But it's all I have, so yeah, i'd be lying if I said I didn't do it. But I think it pales in comparison to being with a man--one who cares about me mind you, thus wouldn't be selfish in bed.

So with sexual, you can do the basic--ya know. But some love another person's touch--touch and be touched. And sometimes it's nice to be able to lay back and let your partner work and you can fully enjoy. With masturbation it's more work, and you can't really relax and enjoy. Least I can't.

Another woman I know says she absolutely hates masturbation. And many guys I spoke to say they do engage, but it is lame compared to sex with woman--or man.

So, it's a difference of people. Some prefer to do it themselves rather than dealing with someone else. Others prefer sex and hate masturbation, and the latter is only a last resort.

And there's the emotional aspects as well, which is more for some women. The emotional closeness with someone. Being attracted to them, and really liking or loving them, and having that time with them which can just be the height of pleasure and enjoyment. With solo, it's ok, but nothing emotional about. Lol least no positive emotions lol

So, it depends on the people. So I can agree the post you quoted spoke a bit too freely, because not everyone is that way where they have to date or see others to get sexual fulfillment.

I am just responding to your point on masturbation, and why it's simply not that great for some. It's great for some. Lucky for you that you enjoy it so much and don't need another person. But for some, like me, it's just eck. So dating and a relationship, and an actual man, is much more fulfilling than solo.

So, mainly kind of understanding the other party. I can totally see why some prefer masturbation to sex, even though I am not one of them. lol I do understand it though.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:50 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
For some people masturbation just isn't good enough.
I'm aware of that. I was curious to see if s/he was one of those people and the reason why s/he thinks only asexuals would be satisfied with never going on a date to fulfill sexual urges. It seems as if s/he didn't consider that some heterosexuals/homosexuals could fulfill sexual urges with masturbation as if sex was the sole way unless one is asexual.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:51 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartos View Post
Absolutely. Now more than ever.

Beware though that after a person dies it doesn't matter what they did or didn't.
Let me fix that for you....

"after a person dies it doesn't matter what they did or didn't in my opinion."

Obviously many folks do not agree with that opinion, but you are certainly free to hold on to it as tightly as you like

Old 07-03-2014, 06:53 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,188,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I'm aware of that. I was curious to see if she was one of those people and the reason why she thinks nly asexuals would be satisfied with never going on a date to fulfill sexual urges.
Yeah. I did agree previously that wasn't a wise post. Simply some love being alone, others hate it, and some tolerate it. Dating, relationships, and/or sex. I agree,

Old 07-03-2014, 06:55 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,637,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaChocolate View Post
Yeah. I did agree previously that wasn't a wise post. Simply some love being alone, others hate it, and some tolerate it. Dating, relationships, and/or sex. I agree,
Hmm I didn't see it as a matter of being a wise post or not. I was just curious to his/her reasoning for thinking that.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:58 PM

88 posts, read 167,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Let me fix that for you....

"after a person dies it doesn't matter what they did or didn't in my opinion."

Obviously many folks do not agree with that opinion, but you are certainly free to hold on to it as tightly as you like
Really can't see why it's "in my opinion". After a person dies it's finished, no more. So it doesn't really matter id the person was single or married, had kids or not, all the issues concerning that person cease to exist.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:00 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartos View Post
Really can't see why it's "in my opinion". After a person dies it's finished, no more. So it doesn't really matter id the person was single or married, had kids or not, all the issues concerning that person cease to exist.
I actually share your opinion but at the end of the day it is just an opinion and not everyone will feel to same way. Everyone should respect each other's opinions.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
I'm in a love Triangle with Chowhound and Seagrass.Boy does Sea have a nice rack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships