Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 08:27 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,907 times

Advertisements

So I read somewhere, perhaps here, that when approaching women you should make sure your words and intentions match, since they're socially & emotionally perceptive and all.

And I hear women talking about wanting to have their intelligence respected, which I'm totally for, and don't want to be fed a bunch of condescending "nice guy" crap when it's just a sexual advance, which I totally understand.

So I'm asking, especially if you're a female poster on here: how can one not be wishy-washy when stepping to a lady, but avoid the cold approach or being a creep, without being a simp and feeding her a bunch of fake condescending "oh your so cool I'm gonna be nice to you" crap?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 08:30 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Be nice and a friend first, romantic stuff is nice too.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:32 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Just have a conversation. Be friendly. Why are the only two options some PUA m.o. vs. a fake "I'm a nice guy" line? Don't people know how to act naturally anymore? Just start a convo, maybe based on the context you're in: a ticket line? Ask if she likes the band/film director/whatever. At the coffeeshop? Ask her for a coffee recommendation. Make a joke, if you're good at that. Anything, just say anything normal, and gauge her response. Follow up, if she's open to it.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:33 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,600,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Be nice and a friend first, romantic stuff is nice too.
Not to bring up all the "friend zone" crap ... but isn't getting to like someone as a friend vs as a romantic partner different?

Old 07-04-2014, 08:52 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
So I read somewhere, perhaps here, that when approaching women you should make sure your words and intentions match, since they're socially & emotionally perceptive and all.

And I hear women talking about wanting to have their intelligence respected, which I'm totally for, and don't want to be fed a bunch of condescending "nice guy" crap when it's just a sexual advance, which I totally understand.

So I'm asking, especially if you're a female poster on here: how can one not be wishy-washy when stepping to a lady, but avoid the cold approach or being a creep, without being a simp and feeding her a bunch of fake condescending "oh your so cool I'm gonna be nice to you" crap?
I keep saying it. Men need to stop approaching women as if that were the next potential sexual partner. Just approach her as a friend, a human being. I get the feeling men think their dinky will fall off if they aren't gauging all females as to degree of potential sex partner material.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,731,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I keep saying it. Men need to stop approaching women as if that were the next potential sexual partner. Just approach her as a friend, a human being. I get the feeling men think their dinky will fall off if they aren't gauging all females as to degree of potential sex partner material.

that's exactly how women are looked at though.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Not to bring up all the "friend zone" crap ... but isn't getting to like someone as a friend vs as a romantic partner different?
It can be biggs, but some ladies like buds then bf's.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
that's exactly how women are looked at though.
Yup, and that's the problem. They approach women with the nervousness or weirdness that comes from dwelling on whether or not this woman is going to be their next sex partner, and then expect women not to find their behavior weird.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:21 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,339,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
The problem is that a lot of women already have this driven into their mind whenever a guy approaches to start any conversation, making the guy automatically creepy.

And besides, what other reason why a guy approach if it wasn't for a potential relationship and SEX? I'm quite sure he's not looking for a bowling partner.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
The problem is that a lot of women already have this driven into their mind whenever a guy approaches to start any conversation, making the guy automatically creepy.

And besides, what other reason why a guy approach if it wasn't for a potential relationship and SEX? I'm quite sure he's not looking for a bowling partner.
If what a man wants is to wet his dinky, he has only to drive to his town's red light district and pick up someone for some prostitutional activity. It's fast, quick, and before you know it, it's done! If he has no money, he can get some Crisco and go to work. That, too, will provide relief really fast.

As for why a guy should speak to other humans (including women) like they're humans, rather than visualize them in bed with their a** up in the air ready for some action from him? I'll tell you why, because they're humans.

If you can't manage some common decent conversation with another human being because you just can't take your mind off whether or not your dinky will get some action, and you don't like Crisco or prostitution, then go home. Buy a 6-pack on the way, and watch some sport on TV, golf even. Get DRUNK!

There. Some good suggestions, and they're free!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships