Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 10:05 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,009,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kch84 View Post
Can I ask, how old are you?
23. Yes, you can heckle now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
And she is the same age just FYI.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:29 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Nothing to heckle about. Sometimes, things seem more important than they are when we're younger. I was also overly obsessed with some loser guy who didn't give a crap about me when I was 23. You'll get over her.

Old 07-08-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Nothing to heckle about. Sometimes, things seem more important than they are when we're younger. I was also overly obsessed with some loser guy who didn't give a crap about me when I was 23. You'll get over her.
I know. She said she gave me a chance, because she saw my inner beauty. But then admitted to toying with my feelings and stuff.

That whole visit I was planning out earlier this year, all she could say was at least I didn't waste my money.

Old 07-08-2014, 10:31 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:

I don't know what I'd even say.

How she described it, I took it too far (which I did) and it drove her away, because I gave her too much admiration for the fact that she gave me a chance once. She said she didn't realize how serious I was about visiting her. And basically she toyed with my emotions but didn't know I was "susceptible to bull****".
The whole point of cutting someone off is that you wouldn't....say anything?

You clearly need to work on your self-esteem. Just because people 'give you a chance' doesn't make them your soulmate. She didn't even like you that much in the first place.

Quote:
Why would people heckle a 23-year-old? I've never been heckled and I am 23. However, I think I have a good deal more relationship experience than you and I certainly wouldn't keep posting about an ex who never really liked me anyway.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
The whole point of cutting someone off is that you wouldn't....say anything?

You clearly need to work on your self-esteem. Just because people 'give you a chance' doesn't make them your soulmate. She didn't even like you that much in the first place.

Why would people heckle a 23-year-old? I've never been heckled and I am 23. However, I think I have a good deal more relationship experience than you and I certainly wouldn't keep posting about an ex who never really liked me anyway.
I'm having a bad time of it today.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:20 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,936 times
Delete her from Facebook, block her number, etc. You don't have to say anything to her.

Old 07-08-2014, 03:47 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,289 times
Quote:
I'm having a bad time of it today.
Sorry to hear it. I realize my last post sounded harsh, but sometimes I just try to knock people out of their melancholy.

I had a hard time getting over my exes too. But one thing that helped was that I refused to talk to them for a while. That's an absolute must, in my opinion. I guess you wanted closure and this is the closest to that you will get. It often doesn't make you feel better right away. It takes time.

Last edited by savoytruffle; 07-08-2014 at 04:05 PM..

Old 07-08-2014, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Sorry to hear it. I realize my last post sounded harsh, but sometimes I just try to knock people out of their melancholy.

I had a hard time getting over my exes too. But one thing that helped was that I refused to talk to them for a while. That's an absolute must, in my opinion. I guess you wanted closure and this is the closest to that you will get. It often doesn't make you feel better right away. It takes time.
She tells me she still wants to be friends, and that I have a place in her heart.

Old 07-09-2014, 12:32 AM

But for now I think I'm emotionally spent.

She says she wants to keep in contact as just friends and sees how it goes. Either that or she cuts me off completely.

But she says she's sorry to put me through this. Guess I'll have to fight through that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships