Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 04:27 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,187,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Put yourself out there, try Meetup in groups that interest you, try online dating, look for new opportunities.

You will regret it when you are old and all alone.
There are no groups where I live, sans gang meet ups and drunks. lol I may meet someone when I move, which I plan to--move. Moving where nobody knows you and you can just start fresh is a big help. I live in a small rural area. There's nothing here. But the place I plan to move to is much better and bigger. Then I can just cast my line, and rejection won't be so bad when it's from guys I may never see again. As opposed to rejection of guys in school that I had classes with, and I was stuck around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 04:29 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,278,222 times
Just a little over 4 months, although two months ago I started dating again.

I'm not sure if I want to get in a relationship already just yet. I have met some really nice men where it just couldn't work, some not-so-nice guys who were just annoying, some guys who I knew couldn't be anything more than just FWB/FBs. I recently met a man who seems pretty nice and we have a good connection, but I'm not sure where it's going to go.

I know you didn't ask for all that detail but there it is.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:35 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
In that case you will be single forever, is that what you want? Dating is crucial in finding someone, and seeing if you compatible with each other, physically, emotionally, interest wise, etc etc.
At this point, I really don't give a . The one year of my life where I tried to date just brought frustration and heartache. I just don't want to be bothered anymore.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:35 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Quote:
In that case you will be single forever, is that what you want? Dating is crucial in finding someone, and seeing if you compatible with each other, physically, emotionally, interest wise, etc etc.
Nema, not everyone feels the need to be in a relationship or find someone you know.

Being single is not a death sentence.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:36 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Dating is a normal part of life that intimidates a lot of people, for many different reasons.

Those that choose not to participate must be prepared to live with the consequences.

It just is what it is!

Old 07-06-2014, 04:43 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Dating is a normal part of life that intimidates a lot of people, for many different reasons.

Those that choose not to participate must be prepared to live with the consequences.

It just is what it is!

Very true. If I recall correctly that poster (and forgive me if I'm wrong) found dating to be artificial and forced. Nothing could be, or should be, further from the truth. It is just spending time with someone you find attractive, or potentially attractive, doing fun things and getting to know each other. Nothing more. It is, when approached with the correct mindset, the most enjoyable thing in the world.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:02 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Very true. If I recall correctly that poster (and forgive me if I'm wrong) found dating to be artificial and forced. Nothing could be, or should be, further from the truth. It is just spending time with someone you find attractive, or potentially attractive, doing fun things and getting to know each other. Nothing more. It is, when approached with the correct mindset, the most enjoyable thing in the world.
That wasn't me. However I find dating to be an incredible hassle and a power struggle. It feels like a job interview that ends even worse than getting passed over for a job.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:11 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
That wasn't me. However I find dating to be an incredible hassle and a power struggle. It feels like a job interview that ends even worse than getting passed over for a job.

Ok, sorry about that. I've had some bad dates that felt like interviews, but I wouldn't want a repeat of those. They're jobs I'd turn down. The good dates are like hanging out with a new friend with kissing Those, I like.

Old 07-06-2014, 05:19 PM

331 posts, read 547,609 times
My whole life

Old 07-06-2014, 05:23 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times
1.5 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships