Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 03:13 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,946 times

Advertisements

i just wanted to add that there have been times when i have actually heard a poster's voice (it's not my voice at all) in my head whilst reading their specific post. it's the strangest thing! has this happened to anyone else? (or am i in need of an exorcism?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 03:17 PM

2,355 posts, read 2,182,644 times
No, it's not that strange...just a little. When I email with my friends, I tend to hear their voices but not strangers as much.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:23 PM

3,099 posts, read 2,645,946 times
maybe i have some sort of extrordinary gift and can become the city data medium!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:32 PM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
i just wanted to add that there have been times when i have actually heard a poster's voice (it's not my voice at all) in my head whilst reading their specific post. it's the strangest thing! has this happened to anyone else? (or am i in need of an exorcism?)
what do I sound like in your head? it is me you're hearing, right? !!!! you know i love your posts narcolepsy

Old 12-18-2007, 03:55 PM

5,024 posts, read 8,894,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixierox View Post
The one thing I've realized is...trying to communicate feeling in "text" can be very challenging. You loose the tone that you would normally hear in a verbal conversation. You have to think with an open mind and the emotion-icons help get a point across as well. Sometimes people sound more harsh than they may have intended to but it's just the way it came across in their writing.

Also, you have to realize... we are all DIFFERENT! People and have varied opinions. You have to read through the people who think their opinion is fact. Not so, it's just an opinion.
For the most part, there seems to be a lot of people on here with great intentions and true hearts. It's because of those people that I keep coming back for more
Amen! I posted an opinion on another thread a few days ago---and got my head bitten off in the process.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:02 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Perhaps we can add audio to the site, and you can test your skills.

Quote:

Old 12-18-2007, 04:18 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Hey, Creme, how are ya?

I try not to form "concrete" impressions from a few posts, but rather wait to see what a member's posting history is and frequent exchanges; but even then, occasionally, I'll find myself surprised--sometimes for the better, and occasionally, for the worse.

But, yes, we have an extra-ordinarily good bunch of members at City-Data, and that membership is > 210,000.
hey, how ya doing...love that under your name
guided by friendship...how true and what a heartwarming considerate way to look at life....

My hero...tried to give you reps, but gotta spread them around

Happy Holidays to you and yours.....

ahhhh hem, back to the subject at hand...

Old 12-18-2007, 04:19 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixierox View Post
The one thing I've realized is...trying to communicate feeling in "text" can be very challenging. You loose the tone that you would normally hear in a verbal conversation. You have to think with an open mind and the emotion-icons help get a point across as well. Sometimes people sound more harsh than they may have intended to but it's just the way it came across in their writing.

Also, you have to realize... we are all DIFFERENT! People and have varied opinions. You have to read through the people who think their opinion is fact. Not so, it's just an opinion.
For the most part, there seems to be a lot of people on here with great intentions and true hearts. It's because of those people that I keep coming back for more

oh yes, how true, how true...communicating with the written word is very hard...I write poetry, and....you'd be suprised how people translate it, and it....sheesh

yes, this for me has been a wonderful and giving experience...

Hugs
Creme

Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Happy holidays to you and yours, Creme and happy holidays to all those here and beyond.

Great answers from all you folks. Good insightful, thoughtful responses that should reinforce positive communication amongst us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
hey, how ya doing...love that under your name
guided by friendship...how true and what a heartwarming considerate way to look at life....

My hero...tried to give you reps, but gotta spread them around

Happy Holidays to you and yours.....

ahhhh hem, back to the subject at hand...

Old 12-19-2007, 09:50 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,038,202 times
Quote:
Yes, you need to be exorcised ... by the YAYA priest!!!!!

Say, what do I sound like anyway? Oh, and did you hear me tellin' ya what I want for Christmas???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships