Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2014, 01:17 AM

4,043 posts, read 3,770,251 times

Advertisements

I've always had a hard time making and keeping friends for some odd reason. I like people and I like talking to and connecting with people. But I've learned the hard way that just because someone is interested in you, it doesn't mean they see you as a romantic interest. Unfortunately I'm usually on the other end. I hate to make anyone think I'm leading them on. I do like them, but I'm the kind of person who shows affection even if I don't want a relationship. But I also end up doing things as if I like the person romantically.

For example, my brother's friend has been hanging around us a lot. We get along well and he's one of the nicest guys my brother happens to be friends with. He actually makes an effort to include me and talks to me a lot. I like talking to him, but my brother seems to think we're flirting. I have a feeling he has a crush on me but is being polite about it because I'm his friend's sister. IE: he sat really close to me on the couch, gave me a high 5 for something I said, but held onto my hand and then rested his hand on my leg even after I let it go. Then he apologized for intruding and said he would leave me alone lol. I'm also trying not to make it seem like I'm leading him on. I don't do well in relationships and I know that if anything were to happen, it will probably mean the end of their friendship or it would be super awkward being around him... so I've been avoiding him and not coming home.

But well, the thing is, I've been FB stalking him. It doesn't mean anything though... I pretty much cyber stalk everyone. Call me weird, but I'm curious about people and what they're up to. I do get turned on by some people but very rarely.. I'm definitely not asexual, but sometimes I wonder if I started becoming sexually interested in people just to fit in. I'm a very affectionate person and I don't mind hugging and even kissing people, but when it comes to seeing and hanging out with one person all the time and becoming attached, I tend to feel like I should back off..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 07:27 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Yes you are leading him on. You should stop if you have a conscious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships