Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 02:14 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
And what is going to force one party to sell and divide static assets? How will it be determined who leaves the real estate? Example, my ex and I owned a home one year remaining on the mortgage, equity to be divided 50/50. He was living in the home and would never have divided the equity if not by court order.

And what if there is disagreement about who is the rightful owner of stuff?

May I remind you women also inherit his debt. Its not gender specific. How can you be together for any length of time without mingling some finances and what would be the purpose of being a couple if you did not?

You are dodging the question. If you have children that are yours, what then?
I know what stuff is mine and once its loaded into a container and shipped out and im on a plane its not relavent anyways. She can take her share of the money and her stuff and if she thinks that some of the stuff on the container should have been hers well I guess thats just too bad.

If there are kids and she caused the divorce then she will just have to figure out how to raise them. If more men did this it would modify womens behavior. A womans happieness is secondary if she wants to have kids and a husband. The man put his butt on the line to get married and have kids with her the least she can do is follow through (short of genuine domestic abuse). If she wants to be a cold fish in the bed room or walk out or cheat why should the division be "fair".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 02:14 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's not as if poor dumb men are tricked into marriage by evil conniving women. Believe it or not, some men do want to get married. When they get married, they marry women they actually like and want to share their lives with. If they want children, they love those children and want to take care of them. Not everything has to be a battle of the sexes.
I seriously wonder how many people actually love the person they're married to, or are they married just for the "benefits"? How does one know they're in love. Do wives care about their husbands?

I also think a lot of people get married because they feel they have to at some point, not because they want to.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:15 PM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Of course they can both be responsible for their kids and their best interest, but without the state involved. With state intervention, it gets more complicated and stressful.
But they are often not.
Its thinking like yours that created divorce and child custody laws.
It really isn't more complicated. You create a life, you are responsible for that life be it a human being or an existence. Its only stressful because you are forced to own up to your responsibilities. If everyone were capable of doing that on their own we would not have family court.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I know what stuff is mine and once its loaded into a container and shipped out and im on a plane its not relavent anyways. She can take her share of the money and her stuff and if she thinks that some of the stuff on the container should have been hers well I guess thats just too bad.

If there are kids and she caused the divorce then she will just have to figure out how to raise them. If more men did this it would modify womens behavior. A womans happieness is secondary if she wants to have kids and a husband. The man put his butt on the line to get married and have kids with her the least she can do is follow through (short of genuine domestic abuse). If she wants to be a cold fish in the bed room or walk out or cheat why should the division be "fair".
Dude - you've been divorced twice and you have repeatedly said that you will never get married again nor will you have children. And it's clear from your posts that you should not have children. I hope you have had a vasectomy.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I seriously wonder how many people actually love the person they're married to, or are they married just for the "benefits"? How does one know they're in love. Do wives care about their husbands?

I also think a lot of people get married because they feel they have to at some point, not because they want to.
Because women pressure marriage, the whole "if you dont put a ring on it im walking out". But just becuase you put a ring on it does not stop her from walking out later only with more stuff and payments. There is no accountability anymore so it is resulting in a societial break down.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:

Why do you think that women are to blame for everything? I just don't get it.

What "benefits" of marriage are you talking about? I mean - I know what I think the benefits are - but I have a feeling they are vastly different from the benefits that you are talking about.

I married my husband because I want to spend the rest of my life with him. I couldn't spend every single day with someone that I wasn't completely in love with.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:21 PM

[quote=highlife2;35677993]
Quote:
I know what stuff is mine and once its loaded into a container and shipped out
and im on a plane its not relavent anyways. She can take her share of the money
and her stuff and if she thinks that some of the stuff on the container should
have been hers well I guess thats just too bad.
You have heard about the three sides to every story.

Quote:
If there are kids and she caused the divorce then she will just have to figure
out how to raise them. If more men did this it would modify womens behavior. A
womans happieness is secondary if she wants to have kids and a husband. The man
put his butt on the line to get married and have kids with her the least she can
do is follow through (short of genuine domestic abuse). If she wants to be a
cold fish in the bed room or walk out or cheat why should the division be
"fair".
And that can go both ways, A mans happiness is secondary if he wants to have kids and a wife.

If you view relationships as putting your butt on the line and thus feel entitled, you probably shouldn't engage in any serious relationships. Definitely not marriage.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Because women pressure marriage, the whole "if you dont put a ring on it im walking out". But just becuase you put a ring on it does not stop her from walking out later only with more stuff and payments. There is no accountability anymore so it is resulting in a societial break down.
Yeah, I don't think that's true. Men invented marriage.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
But they are often not.
Its thinking like yours that created divorce and child custody laws.
It really isn't more complicated. You create a life, you are responsible for that life be it a human being or an existence. Its only stressful because you are forced to own up to your responsibilities. If everyone were capable of doing that on their own we would not have family court.
You mean like women not walking away or cheating or getting divorced, you mean like marriage actually meaning something and people being responsible (other than in the cases of extreme physical abuse). Women like to play the responsibility card but they are the ones that are walking out majority of the time for lame reasons or diliberatly sabatoging the marriage so that the man cheats.

there should be consequences for that kind of behavior but there is not so we just get to deal with the break down of society. Of course a guy does not want to support a kid of a woman who did not hold up her end of the deal. He got married to trade commitment for sex, now the sex is gone and he is still expected to hold up his end, thats a huge injustice.

So women can scream and yell all they want but men are going to be "manning up" less and less becuase women stopped "womaning up" years ago.

Old 07-16-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think that's true. Men invented marriage.
'
Men invented marriage becuase marriage used to be an actual contract that had legal consequences tied to it. Women could not just run off like ferel cats because they felt like it. There was a sense of ownership of the wife and kids by the man.

Now a marriage is indistinguishable from a live in relationship. Its sad but thats what the whole aim of feminism was, to destroy the family. So that women could do what ever they wanted when ever they wanted on someone else dime with no obligation of sex.

Then they wonder why men just dont care anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships