Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:46 AM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I think part of being in a serious relationship/living together/being married is that you sort of DO "own" some part of another person. It's the different between being a couple and being two people who know each other.

That doesn't mean there aren't some crazy possessive people out there because there are, but you CAN NOT claim that being part of a couple doesn't change your other relationships with members of the opposite sex. IT TOTALLY DOES.
I liked that you said this.

I've said before that by being married I no longer have full right/ownership to finances, my body, my schedule, or the remote.... amongst other things.

Sure, I am able to do anything I want, my husband certainly never puts boundaries on me, but as a couple (married) we need to take the other into consideration (and the kids... dogs....) and communicate.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 11:49 AM

1,226 posts, read 1,446,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwilkin View Post
Is this just venting, or would you listen to comments on this?
I am open on your opinion. Just want to say though, his ring is back on. My husband is really nuts like that.

That's why I call him grumpy old jackass, that's his name in my phone. LOL. He 'owned' it on his note to me the other day. LOL. He signed his note to me as grumpy old jackass.

I want to take a pic for proof, but nah.

Old 07-11-2014, 12:53 PM

228 posts, read 421,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragments View Post
In a relationship, you either choose to wear the pants or you don't. If you don't wear the pants, you won't get any respect.

Some men can deal with being the female in the relationship.

If you choose this lifestyle and you refuse to be the man in the relationship, don't be surprised when your female disrespects you.

Personally, I think it's disrespectful for another man to call another man's female. It's even worse for a female to reciprocate that behavior by continuing discussions with that man.

Men and women have different levels of testosterone. That's one of the reasons why it can be an everyday struggle for a man not to stray.

That's natural. That's the way nature intends things to be.

That's why you have to have a spiritual relationship, in my case God, and an emotional relationship with your female. But you also have to be bounded by the type of morality you would expect your father to have with your mother, if you're lucky enough to experience both in your life.

When your female starts to stray it's because she doesn't respect you. She thinks you're weak. Women, may not admit this, but they want you to be strong. They want you to be in control.

Most of the time anyway. There are some that don't abide by those rules, and they may never find happiness because it is contrary to nature.
Quote:
Such as?
The ridiculous idea of men having to "wear the pants."

Women want men to be "in control," and they won't respect you otherwise.

Calling women "females." Then saying "your female," as it implies ownership of some type of animal. (I'd prefer a barfing emoticon for this)

Finally, your misuse and misunderstanding of evolutionary psychology to support your ridiculous "rules" of nature.

We've gone far past face-palm...frankly we've reached head-desk territory.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:54 PM

228 posts, read 421,002 times
Quote:
What are you trying to say?
Oh, I was just trying to find a way to ask you about that time machine jaunt you took back to the 1950s....was it fun?

Old 07-11-2014, 01:57 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,446,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riotsquirrelz View Post
Oh, I was just trying to find a way to ask you about that time machine jaunt you took back to the 1950s....was it fun?
LOL, ya his recent post histories actually confirm that he regard women as his property. I just hope he is not married or never will. I actually feel sorry for the poor poor woman.

Old 07-11-2014, 02:34 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,334,079 times
I don't think anyone owns any part of another person, but in a romantic relationship each partner owes the other partner respect and consideration. Especially when people are all grown up, many of these issues can and should be discussed and not left to assumptions.

Regarding respect and consideration, the word trust often gets bandied about. As in, if she really trusted me, she'd be OK with me sleeping nude in the same bed with my ex when I visit her. My lack of respect and consideration for my SO if I suggest this precludes any notion of trust. Her WTF response would be expected.

She doesn't own me, I choose to consider her feelings. I owe her that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships