Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:45 PM

5 posts, read 7,077 times

Advertisements

Me and my gf have been dating a little over a year. We started out fine but started hitting rough patches every now and then. She has a horrible mom and bratty brother. Respect and manners weren't big in her home. I was raised with a strict mom who beat respect in to me and my siblings. Soon after we started dating her friend would text her constantly at odd hours of the night. I asked if he was anyone with a past and she said no. Soon I found that they did have a past together but she didn't want to tell me cause she thought I would get mad. She told him to stop messaging her at nite cause of me but he stopped completely. Not to long ago she went to a party with her friends and ended up giving her female friend a lap dance and was riding on some guys motorcycle with him. She didn't see anything wrong with it but apologizd for making me upset. Then with those same friends she went out and got drunk the night before our anniversary and was too drunk to appreciate the hard work I did for our big day. A few weeks after that she made me upset and I didn't feel like talking so she goes and talks about our problems to her friend and made me seem like a giant jerk when she strictly told me not to tell anyone about out problems I feel like I can't trust her and she doesn't know why. I don't know if I'm being to sensitive or their is something wrong. Sorry I just needed to vent and don't have anyone I feel comfortable talking to somone face to face. Ur input is appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2014, 07:47 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
I wouldn't deal with someone that immature.

Old 07-09-2014, 07:59 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
Your gf sounds very immature tbh,

Seems she isn't a relationship person-least not monogamous. Seems she wants to live the swinging single's life while dating. It seems she just isn't ready for a relationship, unless it's with someone of the same caliber-wild and partyer.

So, if you can't trust her, and she seems that immature and always doing things that make you uncomfortable, including texting old flames late and night, and being caught lying about it, I think you should really step back and evaluate this relationship, and see if she's up for counselling or something.

It seems she will apologize, but doesn't understand what she's apologizing for, or why you would feel odd about some of the things she does. Like going through the motions-like "i'll apologize because I guess I am supposed to." But she's not really sincere.

Idk. You actually know her, and are dating her. So I may be way off. But just from reading this, she sounds like the party girl type with little boundaries, and due to that, she can't be trusted in a monogamous relationship. The lap dancing was too much.

Last edited by HappyRain; 07-09-2014 at 08:20 PM..

Old 07-09-2014, 08:03 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
How old are you both?

Sounds like teenage stuff.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:04 PM

Ive been told that she immature but I my love for her runs deep. I think I'm jus scared to leave her because she the type to be taken advantage of and I would break my heart if she was with someone that would mistreat her. But then I guess that immature of me too huh?:/

Old 07-09-2014, 08:05 PM

Were both 24

Old 07-09-2014, 08:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,984,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sano27 View Post
Ive been told that she immature but I my love for her runs deep. I think I'm jus scared to leave her because she the type to be taken advantage of and I would break my heart if she was with someone that would mistreat her. But then I guess that immature of me too huh?:/
It's not immature, but it is an excuse. She does not treat YOU with that same care.

She continually walks all over you and won't comply with simple requests you make.

I would not put up with it.

She has a LOT of growing up to do.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It's not immature, but it is an excuse. She does not treat YOU with that same care.

She continually walks all over you and won't comply with simple requests you make.

Thanks I've had these feelings for a while and I've jus really need the push to do it but I guess no break up us easy

Old 07-09-2014, 08:28 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post

I have to agree with this. What are you looking for? By that I mean in a relationship. Are you looking for commitment and something serious--like kids and marriage? If so, can you see this girl as a family woman? Can you see her raising and being a good influence on your children. You say she didn't have the best mother herself, and that seems to show in her behavior.

So that's the thing. If you want a family, or serious commitment eventually, you have to think if she's the kind for that? If not, work on it with her, see if you can get her to slow down some. If not--she gets offended, or just doesn't care, then you may have to leave, because you will never been 100% happy and trusting.

So talking to her, and really explaining where your beliefs lie. If she can understand and agree to work with you-great. You then have something to work with. If not, you will either have to leave, or let her do as she pleases. Because, you can't change a person. You can share your thoughts and feelings, but in the end, it's on them. Will they admit they have issues and work on them, or will they just think you're overreacting and not try. If it's the latter, you'll just have to live with the flaws and let them do what they want, or you can control your own life, and let them do their own thing in peace, without any hassle or worry to you.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:40 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,418,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sano27 View Post
Me and my gf have been dating a little over a year. We started out fine but started hitting rough patches every now and then. She has a horrible mom and bratty brother. Respect and manners weren't big in her home. I was raised with a strict mom who beat respect in to me and my siblings. Soon after we started dating her friend would text her constantly at odd hours of the night. I asked if he was anyone with a past and she said no. Soon I found that they did have a past together but she didn't want to tell me cause she thought I would get mad. She told him to stop messaging her at nite cause of me but he stopped completely. Not to long ago she went to a party with her friends and ended up giving her female friend a lap dance and was riding on some guys motorcycle with him. She didn't see anything wrong with it but apologizd for making me upset. Then with those same friends she went out and got drunk the night before our anniversary and was too drunk to appreciate the hard work I did for our big day. A few weeks after that she made me upset and I didn't feel like talking so she goes and talks about our problems to her friend and made me seem like a giant jerk when she strictly told me not to tell anyone about out problems I feel like I can't trust her and she doesn't know why. I don't know if I'm being to sensitive or their is something wrong. Sorry I just needed to vent and don't have anyone I feel comfortable talking to somone face to face. Ur input is appreciated
She's disrespectful. You have every right to not trust her.

She expects you to understand that the way she treats you nonchalantly is okay?

You guys aren't compatible. She needs a Harley dude who gets drunk at the bars and goes to Hooters for hot wings on a regular. See how she likes what she shells out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships