Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 09:48 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,449,410 times

Advertisements

Suspicious of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2014, 09:50 AM

377 posts, read 532,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuush View Post
Harsh, pursuing new friendships is a good way to build up that self-esteem, would also be good for him to get more experience dealing with girls

no he didn't, he just needs to call her back
LOL, did you read the post? He said she was beautiful, why would she say yes, when he lied about checking his schedule. When opportunity knocks, you say yes, but don't say what he said. It's a straight lie, and she knows it.....

No, learning to accept himself is more important, than what you say. If he is awkward, do you think getting rejected is going to help his self-esteem? Yes it gives him more experience, but it's bad experience. And with those experiences, will come even lower self esteem.

Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 AM

4,078 posts, read 5,413,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThermoMan View Post
I had this assignment in a class (in college) where I didn't know anyone but it was supposed to be in pairs. A girl asked me if I wanted to pair up and I said no problem. The assignment is done and the class is over.

Yesterday she invited me for coffee this Saturday and I told her I would have to check my schedule. I find it very suspicious because no girl has ever invited me to such a thing. Apart from that, she's incredibly beautiful whereas I'm average. I think she might be wanting to make fun of me or laugh in my face if I accept, like "How did it ever cross your mind I would go out with you?"

What do you think I should do?
Really? Really?? Okay, now you sound like me when a guy's interested.. he must be this and that.

Dude, she likes you! What's so hard to believe about that? In your eyes you may think your average, but maybe you're her type and accept that!

Plus, you're also attracted to her, so have FUN. Chaysus boyeeh!! *shakes head*

Old 07-11-2014, 11:05 AM

108 posts, read 131,853 times
Called her and accepted it. We're going to meet tomorrow night. She sounded like she was happy. Let's see how it goes.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:10 AM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
I had this assignment in a class (in college) where I didn't know anyone but it was supposed to be in pairs. A girl asked me if I wanted to pair up and I said no problem. The assignment is done and the class is over.

Yesterday she invited me for coffee this Saturday and I told her I would have to check my schedule. I find it very suspicious because no girl has ever invited me to such a thing. Apart from that, she's incredibly beautiful whereas I'm average. I think she might be wanting to make fun of me or laugh in my face if I accept, like "How did it ever cross your mind I would go out with you?"

Someone hands you every college man's dream on a silver platter, and you're dithering about what to do, and what her ulterior motives could be?

Get this: many women don't care about a guy's looks, they're more into his character and personality. Obviously, she liked what she saw in you during your class collaboration, and wants to get to know you. Go with the flow.

And: these days women do ask guys out, especially if they already know the guy somewhat, and think he's potentially a great guy. They don't want to miss out on the "great guy" part.

But you'd better give yourself a confidence overhaul, or she might get turned off. Your attitude borders on the pathetic.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:15 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,125,992 times
Don't go, man!!!
This could happen to you:

(http://gnosticbent.files.wordpress.c...-ibankcoin.jpg)

Old 07-11-2014, 11:30 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,955 times
Quote:
Called her and accepted it. We're going to meet tomorrow night. She sounded like she was happy. Let's see how it goes.
Hey, good luck! I hope all goes well

Old 07-11-2014, 11:37 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,203,785 times
Is this a serious question .

Go there, and if she starts talking about relationship, tell her to give you time. She will appreciate the response. Women like things to move at a reasonable pace. Its not like they are going to smooch you in an instant. I have been to ice cream shops several times with women (outside my family), one on one. And none of them even gave cues hinting a relationship.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:01 PM

102,202 posts, read 107,842,460 times
Quote:
no girl has ever invited me to such a thing.
Dude, it's coffee. It's not an invitation to a swingers' orgy. Relax. Enjoy. And don't monopolize the conversation, if the urge arises out of nervousness, or something. Pretend it's just another meeting for the class project.

Old 07-11-2014, 01:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,830,354 times
Quote:

you are either incredibly dense, or you are always suspicious of everyone and their motives for anything.

dude, you hit the mother load. this girl is interested in you, go have coffee with her, even if you dont like coffee. get to know this girl, perhaps she just likes you and wants to get to know you, it really does happen. i know it has happened to me a few times over the years.

if you dont go you could be passing up the chance at a really good relationship. and yes it is possible that she is setting you up for a nerd party, but even if that happens, go with it and show her and her stuck up friends that you wont be embarrassed by their snobbery, and that you do in fact know how to have fun.

not everyone has devious motives behind asking someone out though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships