Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 03:14 PM

48 posts, read 50,362 times

Advertisements

I am so mad at myself. Last night I messaged my ex on facebook. It was a very angry "you suck and this is why" message- really unfair and mean on my part and I am really quite ashamed of myself.
This morning he shows up at my door with flowers and tears in his eyes sorry that he hurt me so much and just happy that I would talk to him again.
Seeing him was my kryptonite. We kissed, hugged and talked about how much we miss each other. I know this isn't healthy. We aren't good for each other at all.

He wants me back and I feel so weak. What are some tools you have used to cut ties for good? I know I am the instigator here and had I not needed to vent my anger in such a stupid way this never would have happened, but I'm here now and need some advice and support. Thanks in advance!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 03:23 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Here:

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...o-contact.html

Old 07-18-2014, 03:27 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,192,716 times
My cutting ties has been ignoring, and not taking calls. I hate drama, and if the one I am cutting ties with is stubborn, set in their ways, then they'll just argue that anything I say isn't true. Can of worms.

So, I just stop talking, and let them get the message. I only did this once though. With an ex friend whom I have not spoken to since Feb. She's called twice, in the past 6 months lol I haven't answered. She could come down here, and if it comes to that, then i'll just lay it on the line. You'd think she's get the message without it coming to that.

So, when I am in an un-fulfilling or toxic relationship, I get gone pretty hard. Never been as issue, except in my needier days. Now, should someone offend, or **** me off enough, I can ignore them until the end of time.

All you can do, is try to tell him you acted immaturely, and still think there should be no more contact. Try ending it on a high note, and keep contact off this time. Apparently the ending wasn't good, so you wanted to tell him off that one last time, but not good.

So yeah, you're talking. Say you understand his feelings and feel the same, but you 2 just are not a good match, and it's best to leave it. Then boom. No more contact. If he contacts you, or calls, don't respond. Block him on your phones if you have to.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:45 PM

48 posts, read 50,362 times
Thanks VanillaChocolate. It was VERY immature of me. We had planned to meet tonight so that is what I'll do. I am so mad that I did this. I know it hurts two people in the process. But what's done is done.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:47 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipses View Post
I am so mad at myself. Last night I messaged my ex on facebook. It was a very angry "you suck and this is why" message- really unfair and mean on my part and I am really quite ashamed of myself.
This morning he shows up at my door with flowers and tears in his eyes sorry that he hurt me so much and just happy that I would talk to him again.
Seeing him was my kryptonite. We kissed, hugged and talked about how much we miss each other. I know this isn't healthy. We aren't good for each other at all.

He wants me back and I feel so weak. What are some tools you have used to cut ties for good? I know I am the instigator here and had I not needed to vent my anger in such a stupid way this never would have happened, but I'm here now and need some advice and support. Thanks in advance!!

Block all forms of contact.
Stay off of Facebook/deactivate the account
Remove him from your friends list
Find a new hobby
Quit kissing him
Cancel the meeting for tonight and do not take any calls, texts, emails and don't answer your door.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:51 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,989,341 times
It's hard. Delete emails, Facebook, phone numbers, etc. Time will pass.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:06 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,250,128 times
You're really going to have to face your feelings on this one.. There's certainly a fine line between love & hate, and only by accepting the love in your heart will you be able to surpass the hate and move forward.. Regardless of whether you are walking towards or away from this person. Have a chat with him and observe your true feelings.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:12 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,237,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Block all forms of contact.
Stay off of Facebook/deactivate the account
Remove him from your friends list
Find a new hobby
Quit kissing him
Cancel the meeting for tonight and do not take any calls, texts, emails and don't answer your door.

^^Everything CSD610 said and I'll throw in will power.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:13 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,619,738 times
He only came back because you opened the door for him to.

TELL HIM....that you are done with him.

Giving him the silent treatment didn't do anything to help you. The idiot came right back as soon as he heard from you.

TELL HIM YOU ARE DONE WITH HIM.

Blocking...Deactivating..IS A GOOD START BUT IS NOT GOING TO GET THE JOB DONE.

He will just find another chick to occupy himself with until you decide to come back like you always do.

Last edited by usamathman; 07-18-2014 at 05:35 PM..

Old 07-18-2014, 04:41 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,154,110 times
In addition to what others have said, you also need to have oen or more friends you can call when you're thinking about contacting him, so they can talk you out of it.

Write what you want to say in a letter, but don't send it. Just the act of writing it can be very helpful.

But the best thing you can do is work through your anger on your own. Involving him in that process isn't going to help you move forward, it'll only set you back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships