Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 06:54 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,249,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Are wine bars turning into pick up joints now? The ones I've seen are a bit more like an upscale pub.
It's a venue serving alcohol and whenever a lone women is drinking alcohol with men around....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 06:55 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,418,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellipses View Post
Oh I don't mean it's too much- just that a glass or less is about all I want- any more than that an it doesn't taste good anymore.
Oh....well then go have a good time. I wouldn't think anything of it.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:55 PM

48 posts, read 50,317 times
I like the meetup idea- I'll check that out. Thanks

I could have a glass at home- only I want a very small amount of a really good wine- I'm not going to buy a bottle for one glass though.

So if a woman is at a bar alone she wants to be hit on? Does the same apply to guys? Or would people just think he was unwinding, maybe watching the game?

Old 07-12-2014, 06:57 PM

48 posts, read 50,317 times
It's also cheaper to drink coffee at home, but sometimes Starbucks is nice too.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:57 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,328,608 times
Quote:

I could have a glass at home- only I want a very small amount of a really good wine- I'm not going to buy a bottle for one glass though.

So if a woman is at a bar alone she wants to be hit on? Does the same apply to guys? Or would people just think he was unwinding, maybe watching the game?
Guys rarely get hit on so hes safe drinking his brew. Women on the other hand often will get approached.

Old 07-12-2014, 06:58 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,316,291 times
Quote:

You DO know that you don't have to throw the rest of the bottle out, right? You can save the rest for later.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:13 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
I pay no mind to it, I enjoy doing this myself....I am a man however lol

You have to understand bar culture and the industry is built around using females to attract males though. It's an unfortunate circumstance that won't go away anytime soon...it's just what it is.

You're their (the business owners) meal tickets

Old 07-12-2014, 07:14 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,817,332 times
Quote:
I enjoy a good wine now and then but can never finish a bottle, in fact sometimes a glass is too much. Occasionally I would like a glass of wine in the evening and I don't always have a friend to go with me to a wine bar. I plan on going alone, taking a book and hanging out while I enjoy my wine.
This brought a question to mind- what do people in general think of a woman alone enjoying a glass of wine or a beer etc?
enjoy away, just remember that you may be hit on by a few guys.

Quote:
Oh I don't mean it's too much- just that a glass or less is about all I want- any more than that an it doesn't taste good anymore.
personally i dont think wine tastes all that good to begin with.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:19 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,799,884 times
I think it might depend on the bar. When I am at an out of town meeting, I like to eat at pubs and sample local beer (I love beer). So I often start off with a beer at the bar and then order a small meal too. I've never had any problems as a woman alone at a bar enjoying a beer. I've had men look at me, but not bother me. Sometimes they talk to me, but it's friendly and seems like small talk you'd have with anyone and not "hitting on me." But again, that's more of a pub with TVs and sports games on... and less of an "meat market" kind of bar with that thump, thump, thump dance music garbage .

Old 07-12-2014, 07:22 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think it might depend on the bar. When I am at an out of town meeting, I like to eat at pubs and sample local beer (I love beer). So I often start off with a beer at the bar and then order a small meal too. I've never had any problems as a woman alone at a bar enjoying a beer. I've had men look at me, but not bother me. But again, that's more of a pub with TVs and sports games on... and less of an "meat market" kind of bar with that thump, thump, thump dance music garbage .
True post... especially the crappy dance club thumpy **** music.... soulless garbage....

Off topic, but music today sucks..... and I don't say that as an out of touch old guy... simply as an aficionado of good music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships