Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 11:52 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times

Advertisements

Not stalkerish, but slightly creepy. Cut your losses and find another girl.

Props for tenacity though. At least you gave it a shot.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:41 AM

313 posts, read 531,721 times
Update. Actually met up with her the following day back in the hostel, while I was doing washing in the laundry. She was nice as usual, and actually sort of apologised for being 'rude' even though I don't think she was. Also seemed keen when I asked again if she wanted to hang out, and gave me her e-mail addy. So although there's no guarantees she'll even wanna hang, all hope is not lost! However, I doubt anything will develop, also the fact is she'll only be here for 6 months...but yeah, I will update y'all if anything does happen.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:54 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,209,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement Pounder View Post
Was I being stalkerish?
Do you think she perceived me as a bit of a stalker or slightly creepy?
Did I go overboard?
The answers to #1 and #3 are no. Of course I do not know the answer to #2.
If you recognize that the 3 questions are completely different, then the answer to number 2 becomes less important

Old 07-16-2014, 09:12 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement Pounder View Post
Update. Actually met up with her the following day back in the hostel, while I was doing washing in the laundry. She was nice as usual, and actually sort of apologised for being 'rude' even though I don't think she was. Also seemed keen when I asked again if she wanted to hang out, and gave me her e-mail addy. So although there's no guarantees she'll even wanna hang, all hope is not lost! However, I doubt anything will develop, also the fact is she'll only be here for 6 months...but yeah, I will update y'all if anything does happen.
You're going to have to play it cool now.

I hope you apologized for the unexpected visit at the hotel.

You now have her email, play it cool. She may check it now that you have it. Be smooth though...find some cool places to see or things to do in the area since she is not from there. Add links to these places just for her to look at. This will keep you on the down low of being helpful yet not overly aggressive.

Once you send this email the ball will be in her court. If you never hear from her then its best to delete her contact info.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
You're going to have to play it cool now.

I hope you apologized for the unexpected visit at the hotel.

You now have her email, play it cool. She may check it now that you have it. Be smooth though...find some cool places to see or things to do in the area since she is not from there. Add links to these places just for her to look at. This will keep you on the down low of being helpful yet not overly aggressive.

Once you send this email the ball will be in her court. If you never hear from her then its best to delete her contact info.
Yes, I explained it, and she seemed to understand. I probably will wait a little while to e-mail, I think she's probably found a new place now, and I will be moving tomorrow. That's a good idea. She was asking me for good day trip ideas the other day.

Yeah I think if she wants to hang there might be a chance...of course I think it's a long shot, but if anything were to develop that would be great. At the moment I don't even know if she's single, for a start, haha.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:54 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
If she likes you, she will blow all of that off and still talk to you. Just dont go to her work anymore. Keep it outside of work. If she doesn't like you then she'll think it's creepy. We have no way if knowing how she feels. Talk to her again outside of work and see she if she talks or avoids you etc.
There is some truth to that...I've heard it said that "it's only creepy if she's not into you".

Old 07-16-2014, 11:56 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Uh yes it's stalkerish.You would freak me the hell out.Next time when she says she has to take a call, leave your # in front of her and walk away.
Well, I suppose up to the point she took the call, he was OK - but may have crossed a line staying after that.

I still maintain it's not "stalkerish" because, to me, stalker behavior has to occur more than once to really count.

I'd still back off, though.

Old 07-16-2014, 01:06 PM

11,795 posts, read 12,030,796 times
The weirdest part is the first thing he says to this girl, this complete stranger is "do you have Facebook", rather than "hi there!"

Old 07-17-2014, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
The weirdest part is the first thing he says to this girl, this complete stranger is "do you have Facebook", rather than "hi there!"
Did you read my OP? I knew her before that conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships