Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 05:01 AM

313 posts, read 530,704 times

Advertisements

Okay, to make a long story short. I've been staying at a hostel here for two weeks, and a week ago met this girl from the States. She seemed really friendly, said she'd just arrived in town and was on a working holiday...we spoke for about half an hour, and then I said, might see ya round. Well we bump into each other in the lounge a few days later. I just make casual conversation, ask how her day was, she says she's working at a certain hotel, and also looking for more permanent lodgings. We talk a bit more...I figure that might be the end. She's attractive, and seemed very friendly, but of course I don't know her well. She does tell me the name of the hotel she's working at. I admit, partly out of desperation, I sort of wish I could get to know her and try to befriend her...the thought of turning up at her hotel does occur to me, but I brush the idea off.

Anyway, this evening I went to a restaurant, totally unplanned, and on the way back happen to pass the very hotel she is working at. I decide to make a short-cut through like the lobby area, which leads to another street, and I bump into her. She's working at the door of the hotel. We make eye contact, it takes me a few seconds to confirm it is her, I say hello, I was just passing by etc...before I can say much she says she has to take a call. Now I don't know what to do, so I decide to wait about 5 minutes. After about that time she re-emerges, and it seems to be is surprised I'm still there. I feel embarrassed, maybe I should have left, maybe I'm beginning to seem like a stalker. Anyway I'm there, so I just blurt out, 'so do you have Facebook?' She says no. Then I ask, 'do you wanna exchange mobile numbers? Like if you wanna hang out. I mean if you want to.' She says she can't really talk because her boss is there (which was true), so that's it.

Of course I can't be sure if she was brushing me off, but it seemed that way, even if she was working. I mean I don't know her that well. Do you think it's probably she wasn't interested? Yes, I would definitely be open to dating, I don't even know if she's single or anything, but I'd be happy just being friends.

Do you think she perceived me as a bit of a stalker or slightly creepy? Did I go overboard?

It's more just the fact opportunities come so rarely. She's probably just a nice person - outwardly at least, but I still think she is nice - and maybe she thought I was taking advantage of that.

What do you think?

Old 07-13-2014, 05:07 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,301,478 times
Not really a stalker, just someone who doesnt believe int he element of chance. Sometimes you have to create your opportunities byt being in an area you know someone u like will be.

With that said, I dont think s.hes interested. At the point of the phone call, she probably would have told you hang on for a few minutes or "I dont have a Facebook but you can reach me this way". I would just let it go

Old 07-13-2014, 05:08 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,621,133 times
If she likes you, she will blow all of that off and still talk to you. Just dont go to her work anymore. Keep it outside of work. If she doesn't like you then she'll think it's creepy. We have no way if knowing how she feels. Talk to her again outside of work and see she if she talks or avoids you etc.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:44 AM

313 posts, read 530,704 times
I guess the fact I think she's not staying at this hostel anymore was why I tried my luck. I'm not certain, but she was talking about finding longer term accommodation. Well actually I thought there was some luck in what happened today, that it was almost fate, but that's silly and idealistic...lol. Yeah i'm not going back to the hotel, the most I can hope for is if I bump into her somewhere in town.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:06 AM

1,400 posts, read 1,574,304 times
I don't think you went overboard. I don't know that I'd go to her work again and if I did it would be after several days. It's hard to say, she truly could have been very busy and under stress at the time. If by chance you did run into her again and she seemed approachable, I'd probably say something like didn't mean to freak you out or get you in trouble at work, but you know we chatted a little before so I'd thought I'd say hi and see if you can get some conversation started again.

Old 07-13-2014, 06:57 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,930,906 times
I don't think she likes you in that way, man .Sorry. She sent several negative signals at the hotel. If I were you I'd drop it. You'll meet other women.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:18 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,796,586 times
Uh yes it's stalkerish.You would freak me the hell out.Next time when she says she has to take a call, leave your # in front of her and walk away.

Old 07-13-2014, 09:52 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,182,691 times
I don't think you went overboard, but I don't think she's interested, either.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:01 AM

377 posts, read 532,271 times
It wouldn't have been stalkerish if you were a little smoother in delivery. Because you acted so awkward, I'm certain she viewed you as weird.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:08 AM

11,223 posts, read 16,401,785 times
I think you should have left when she took the call.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships