U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 11:49 PM

1,850 posts, read 2,520,424 times

Advertisements

I've seen it many times. 2 people are involved. There is one person that does not appreciate the other. The person that is not appreciated is in fact a "good" person(ethical character, integrity, responsible,thoughtful,etc...).

When you have a "good person" in your life, show some appreciation. Does that mean the "good" person is without flaws? No. They have them. Learn to not expect perfection from them. It's okay to accept people "As Is". Especially if the person is an OVERALL "good" person(ethical character, integrity, responsible,thoughtful,etc...).

Sometimes we have a good thing and we don't know it.

Appreciate the "good" person in your life. They're not perfect but that's good enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 02:15 PM

8,799 posts, read 6,394,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
I've seen it many times. 2 people are involved. There is one person that does not appreciate the other. The person that is not appreciated is in fact a "good" person(ethical character, integrity, responsible,thoughtful,etc...).

When you have a "good person" in your life, show some appreciation. Does that mean the "good" person is without flaws? No. They have them. Learn to not expect perfection from them. It's okay to accept people "As Is". Especially if the person is an OVERALL "good" person(ethical character, integrity, responsible,thoughtful,etc...).

Appreciate the "good" person in your life. They're not perfect but that's good enough.
Then we lose the good thing and find ourselves regretting it.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:35 PM

10,767 posts, read 13,592,247 times
Quote:

What a great thread! I agree. It's also often the small things we can do for these people to show appreciation. From a small gift to a home cooked meal to some kind and genuine words to just a mixtape or a Schlitz malt liquor the small things can have great impact.

And most importantly, No scorecards. Not expecting something back right away.

Old 07-14-2014, 05:46 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,966,276 times
Quote:
I've seen it many times. 2 people are involved. There is one person that does not appreciate the other. The person that is not appreciated is in fact a "good" person (ethical character, integrity, responsible, thoughtful,etc...).

When you have a "good person" in your life, show some appreciation. Does that mean the "good" person is without flaws? No. They have them. Learn to not expect perfection from them. It's okay to accept people "As Is". Especially if the person is an OVERALL "good" person (ethical character, integrity, responsible,thoughtful,etc...).

Yep...I agree on this!

Old 07-14-2014, 06:18 PM

14,715 posts, read 12,099,195 times
Nice thread. I like it. Yep, appreciate what you have. Its not a good thing to realize you had a good thing...after you lose it. I like to say that my girl is "perfect in her imperfection". Lol, yep, like that old song that says " Don't worry bout my woman..and what you think she ought to be...she's close enough to perfect for me".

She can be moody, testy, gets distracted easy, she dotes on her cat more than me, lol, and there isn't one single thing I would change about her. She is a tiny lady, very petite, has the prettiest face I have ever seen and a personality to match. Her hair is just gorgeous, and accents her face , well...perfect. ha! She is my Elven princess. Shook right out of a fantasy novel.

She has something about her, despite her fierce independence, that makes me want to protect and care for her. I'd stop a bullet, a knife or a nuclear warhead to keep her safe. Perfection? What is that...exactly? Lol, I waste no opportunity to tell her how much she means to me. The little stuff I notice about her that makes her special is an endless list.

The scars from her accident, this little sashay walk she does when she wants a hug and a kiss, the twinkle she gets in her eyes when she's feeling feisty, the way her voice cracks when she wants to cry and is fighting it, the way she gives me a hard time, joking around about my scars and injury( she and ONLY she can call me 'gimpy') the way she loves my cooking is huge. I cook good stuff for her a lot, and she always compliments me, sincerely, and takes time to savor her meals I fix. That's huge for me. No other relationship have I ever been in where I have been this appreciated and loved for just me.

That factor alone earns my total devotion. I , for my part, make sure she knows that, and that there is NOTHING about her I take for granted. She is irreplaceable, and there is no life for me without her. Whether she's grumpy, feisty, happy, sad, angry or any other one of her array of moods, yep, she's close enough to perfect for me.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:50 PM

11,042 posts, read 13,898,137 times
Sorry, "good enough" just ain't gonna cut it..

Old 07-14-2014, 09:58 PM

33,766 posts, read 21,454,622 times
Just being a "good person" doesn't mean everyone is going to cherish and adore you.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-14-2014, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Just being a "good person" doesn't mean everyone is going to cherish and adore you.
Ummmm....yes, truth. But I find no correlation with the OPs statements and this fact. I read it more as his take on the give and takes of a relationship. Just common courtesy at the front. I rather interpreted it as to say: If you are in a relationship with someone, who is a fine person and has your back when you need her/him, that just pure common decency dictates that showing sincere gratitude is the least one can do.

A little appreciation can mean a lot. Plus, I believe he was also touching on the grass is greener over yonder bit. In my experience, the only place the grass IS actually greener, is over the septic tank. Which is right where one might end up when they get to jumping fences. Lmao

Old 07-14-2014, 10:37 PM

33,766 posts, read 21,454,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Plus, I believe he was also touching on the grass is greener over yonder bit. In my experience, the only place the grass IS actually greener, is over the septic tank. Which is right where one might end up when they get to jumping fences. Lmao
Agree on that part!

Or over a grave plot......

Yeah, I'm mad at my husband and on a tangent.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs

Old 07-14-2014, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Agree on that part!

Or over a grave plot......

Yeah, I'm mad at my husband and on a tangent.
Haha! Yea...been there with my lady before myself. I have been known to vent things on here as a safety valve at time. It has the virtue of a safe to blow off a little steam whilst still maintaining a modicum of self control Lol, hood emotional exercise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or