Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2020, 06:41 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
Hi everyone,

Friday went okay, I suppose. But, he still calls me "Meg" after I told him thousands of times that my name is "Jessica" and not "Meg." He took me home to meet his parents and his mom freaked out that he was still calling me "Meg" and he just said, "But, I like that name better!" His mom tried fixing us up, but I said I am moving and she's all excited about that. I guess I hit it off with his mom because he totally left and it was just his mom and I (his mom said, "I'll have to have a talk with him later... he just totally left you.") then it was his mom, dad and I hanging out talking about my upcoming job and move (don't worry, he came back to drop me off at my house). What happened and why does he call me a different name when I have told him that is not my name? Maybe it's a good thing I'm moving.

That's so disrespectful IMO....why would you put up with it? I wouldn't meet the guy's parents if he couldn't even call me by my name...................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2020, 03:53 AM

5,155 posts, read 4,622,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
That's so disrespectful IMO....why would you put up with it? I wouldn't meet the guy's parents if he couldn't even call me by my name...................
I didn't really have a choice. He was driving and honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. At this point in time, it was after a traumatic experience and he seemed nice, so I was trying to adjust to my new normal and figuring out who I should include. The name issue didn't even really matter.

It's funny, almost 6 years later, I'm still figuring things out. We don't talk anymore and it probably was a head game, but I am trying to figure out who I can let it and who I can't.

Old 03-23-2020, 05:49 AM

15,251 posts, read 12,964,014 times
He could be on the spectrum, or ADHD.

Old 03-23-2020, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
He could be on the spectrum, or ADHD.
He did go to a special school, I believe he mentioned something about dyslexia and tourettes. He might have been ADHD as well.

Old 03-23-2020, 10:37 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,325,075 times
OP, what you need to do is go completely round the twist the next time he does that. Scream, cry, hit him in the head, kick out his windshield, wish that he was dead, pitch the biggest most unholy fit he's ever seen. He needs to learn a lesson about how to treat women.

Old 03-23-2020, 12:53 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times
I’d wait until an intimate moment and then I’d call him by a different name.... see how he likes it.
Oh Steve!

Old 03-23-2020, 01:14 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,003,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I’d wait until an intimate moment and then I’d call him by a different name.... see how he likes it.
Oh Steve!
I was thinking something more along the lines of a$$hole, dip$hit, etc...

Old 03-23-2020, 01:28 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,581,461 times
Quote:

It's funny, almost 6 years later, I'm still figuring things out. We don't talk anymore and it probably was a head game, but I am trying to figure out who I can let it and who I can't.

Oh....it's good you don't talk anymore..........

Make sure anybody else in your life respects you enough to call you by the right name.............it's not hard to figure out IMO. We can tell who respects us & treats us right & who doesn't...........don't settle........hugs jessxwrites.

Old 03-23-2020, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
Oh....it's good you don't talk anymore..........

Make sure anybody else in your life respects you enough to call you by the right name.............it's not hard to figure out IMO. We can tell who respects us & treats us right & who doesn't...........don't settle........hugs jessxwrites.
One year he wrote me a letter after I sent him a holiday card. It was three months maybe after the holiday, so maybe around March 2016. You know how he addressed the letter?

Dear Jessica Marie X...

I use my middle name for my books and I address my envelopes that way. It was just bizarre, the whole thing was bizarre and I'm glad I lost his number.

Disrespectful and not a nice way to treat someone. I don't care if he treated me to things, this was just mean and maybe passive aggressive.

Old 03-23-2020, 10:22 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Friday went okay, I suppose. But, he still calls me "Meg" after I told him thousands of times that my name is "Jessica" and not "Meg." He took me home to meet his parents and his mom freaked out that he was still calling me "Meg" and he just said, "But, I like that name better!" His mom tried fixing us up, but I said I am moving and she's all excited about that. I guess I hit it off with his mom because he totally left and it was just his mom and I (his mom said, "I'll have to have a talk with him later... he just totally left you.") then it was his mom, dad and I hanging out talking about my upcoming job and move (don't worry, he came back to drop me off at my house). What happened and why does he call me a different name when I have told him that is not my name? Maybe it's a good thing I'm moving.
This guy doesn’t respect you. And every time you respond to him calling you a different name you become less in his eyes.

My response would be this

“ I have asked you repeatedly to call me by my name. Every time you call me by a different name you’re disrespecting me. You’re a incredibly rude person. Please stop calling me until you start respecting me. That starts when you call me by my name. And only by my name

There is absolutely no way I would put up with that bs. I don’t care how funny or good looking or how much money the person I’m dating is/has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships