Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 01:31 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,524 times

Advertisements

OK, here's a fun discussion.

I always used to think you could "tell" how a woman would be in bed. Both regarding her libido, and her attitudes about sex, how important it is to her, how passive or aggressive she is, etc...

As I got more experienced, I found that, for me, women can surprise you either way - sometimes the ones who come across as hot to trot end up disappointing you, and other times, the virginal prude turns out to be a wild vixen in the sack. Then, sometimes things go exactly as your first impression suggested.

When I started dating my wife, she surprised me in a good way, but I had a "good feeling" about her (not just in sex either) from the beginning.

So - what are your experiences? Both genders welcome. Can you tell if someone has a high or low drive, how "sexual" they are, etc, just by their appearance? Not just looks in themselves, but their fashion sense, how they dress, etc? Or their personality, the way they behave?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 01:34 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
No, not by any of those things (looks, dress, etc).

By vibe/energy, yes, generally I can. I've gotten far better at being able to determine their general sexual nature after talking for awhile (and not about sex) as I've gotten older. Sometimes I miss it, but pretty rarely now.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:34 PM

374 posts, read 393,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave72 View Post
OK, here's a fun discussion.

I always used to think you could "tell" how a woman would be in bed. Both regarding her libido, and her attitudes about sex, how important it is to her, how passive or aggressive she is, etc...

As I got more experienced, I found that, for me, women can surprise you either way - sometimes the ones who come across as hot to trot end up disappointing you, and other times, the virginal prude turns out to be a wild vixen in the sack. Then, sometimes things go exactly as your first impression suggested.

When I started dating my wife, she surprised me in a good way, but I had a "good feeling" about her (not just in sex either) from the beginning.

So - what are your experiences? Both genders welcome. Can you tell if someone has a high or low drive, how "sexual" they are, etc, just by their appearance? Not just looks in themselves, but their fashion sense, how they dress, etc? Or their personality, the way they behave?
I dated a girl once that flat out told me, "I'm dirty in the bedroom, but I'm as good a church girl outside the bedroom".

Honestly, i found neither to be true......

Old 07-14-2014, 01:44 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
No, not by any of those things (looks, dress, etc).

By vibe/energy, yes, generally I can. I've gotten far better at being able to determine their general sexual nature after talking for awhile (and not about sex) as I've gotten older. Sometimes I miss it, but pretty rarely now.
I have to agree with this. I tend to end up with guys who are extremely sexually confident and skilled, and it's not through any conscious process, really.

It's definitely not looks - I was on a date with a guy who had done some modeling and I wasn't feeling any chemistry. I kissed him against my better judgment (as I had not been getting the "chemistry" vibe, but apparently he was) and it was decidedly "meh." He wanted to go back to his place, and I actually turned him down despite the fact that, technically speaking, he was perfectly lovely to look at.

Yet on another occasion, I couldn't wait to get it on with a dude who, I swear to god, looked like effin' Willem Dafoe. One look from him, and I was a quivering mess.

Usually, by the time I get to the kissing stage with a guy, I already know whether I'm looking to rip his clothes off or not, lol.

Old 07-14-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte Panthers View Post
I dated a girl once that flat out told me, "I'm dirty in the bedroom, but I'm as good a church girl outside the bedroom".

Honestly, i found neither to be true......
All talk, no action?

Old 07-14-2014, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I have to agree with this. I tend to end up with guys who are extremely sexually confident and skilled, and it's not through any conscious process, really.

It's definitely not looks - I was on a date with a guy who had done some modeling and I wasn't feeling any chemistry. I kissed him against my better judgment (as I had not been getting the "chemistry" vibe, but apparently he was) and it was decidedly "meh." He wanted to go back to his place, and I actually turned him down despite the fact that, technically speaking, he was perfectly lovely to look at.

Yet on another occasion, I couldn't wait to get it on with a dude who, I swear to god, looked like effin' Willem Dafoe. One look from him, and I was a quivering mess.

Usually, by the time I get to the kissing stage with a guy, I already know whether I'm looking to rip his clothes off or not, lol.
For a while (in my less confident college years), it seemed like I was always attracted to the girls who were sexually repressed - that the horny girls just weren't appealing to me. However I think it was really that *I* didn't have the confidence to be attracted to those girls.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:01 PM

288 posts, read 255,657 times
No, and same goes for guys. I've dated guys who women would think their amazing, but in the end just average. The last guy told me he wanted to be the best I had, in my mind I thought good luck with that.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kch84 View Post
No, and same goes for guys. I've dated guys who women would think their amazing, but in the end just average. The last guy told me he wanted to be the best I had, in my mind I thought good luck with that.
Did you at least *try* to push him along in the right way?

Nothing pissed me off more than a woman who wasn't satisfied, but rather than try to tell/show me, she just sat there expecting me to figure it out like magic.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:15 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
No, you can't tell at all. It's just like you said: some of the hot-looking ones can be duds, and the plain or modest ones can be firecrackers.

Old 07-14-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No, you can't tell at all. It's just like you said: some of the hot-looking ones can be duds, and the plain or modest ones can be firecrackers.
It's not always hot or not though, either.

I've seen GORGEOUS women that had that "innocent" look, and assumed they were total, nonsexual prudes. Sometimes, they were, othertimes, far from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships