Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 09:05 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
This can't be a real post. Someone who cares so little about their family that he will throw it all away because being anti-establishment is more important than truly committing to his partner and ensuring protection for the family he helped create?
I'm with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 09:07 AM

21 posts, read 19,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
This can't be a real post. Someone who cares so little about their family that he will throw it all away because being anti-establishment is more important than truly committing to his partner and ensuring protection for the family he helped create?
There's something called a will that show how much I care about them but you seem to know better. But as I said, it seems to be all about the money to women. A woman who only stays with a man if they marry is showing her true colours.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
IN your mind you want to have a foot on the door just in case.
Who says? You can have a foot on the door whether you are married or not. It depends on the person and not on the legal paper.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Seriously!
Fear of government intervention and fear of commitment... sounds like a scared boy. A man would step up and do the right thing.
Of course I don't want government intervention. I don't know why would anyone want that! Fear of commitment? 9 years and 3 kids? Do you really want to question my commitment?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:30 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times
She wants to marry you?

Old 07-15-2014, 09:32 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MazzeoC View Post
Of course I don't want government intervention. I don't know why would anyone want that! Fear of commitment? 9 years and 3 kids? Do you really want to question my commitment?
If you would bail on the relationship due to this issue then yes, yes I do question it.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
If you would bail on the relationship due to this issue then yes, yes I do question it.
I find it interesting that people assume her wishes are more important/more relevant than mine. Most of you must be women, I guess.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:44 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
I find it interesting that people assume her wishes are more important/more relevant than mine. Most of you must be women, I guess.

I'm a guy, and I don't assume that. I just don't think yours are MORE important than hers. Of course, doubt this is real. There are very few men that would balk at marriage if they were really truly madly in love with a woman, and was the mother of his children, and it was important to her. There is nothing in your posts indicating you love her and that you really want to make her happy. Nothing.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:46 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,660,494 times
Quote:
Of course I don't want government intervention. I don't know why would anyone want that!
The govt has no say in my marriage. What do you think they will do to you if you decide to marry?

Quote:
Fear of commitment? 9 years and 3 kids? Do you really want to question my commitment?
Yes indeed I do.
Especially when you say
Quote:
I doubt she would get to that point but if that's what she truly wants then yes, she can go find someone else because I won't change my thoughts.
Fear of commitment, lack of compromise, an unwillingness to change, the willingness to kick them out of your life rather than consider their wants/needs.... all there in that sentence.
No where do you mention love, on top of all that you HAVE said!

Old 07-15-2014, 09:55 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,341,078 times
Quote:
Fear of commitment? 9 years and 3 kids? Do you really want to question my commitment?
Fear of the piece of paper is less commitment than no fear of the piece of paper.

Yes, you have shown commitment, but if you were 100% committed then the paper would not be a big deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships