Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 01:44 PM

663 posts, read 777,923 times

Advertisements

Wow...I didn't even read this entire thread but...the hilarity.

OP is a single mom with 2 different kids with 2 different men? Ok good luck on finding that stable husband who is a nice guy and willing to raise 2 kids from 2 different men....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 02:12 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,891,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweilo845 View Post
It shows why I left POF and internet dating in general. Too many women who are 5's and 6's thinking they are 9's and 10's carrying a laundry list of problems that would make Maury Povich scratch his head, while still turning up their nose at anyone but someone that looks like Brad Pitt throwing moneybags while riding on a unicorn that craps rainbows.

POF and other sites are okay for finding the occasional hookup, but for LTRs, they're horrible. Think about it. They are flawed by design. You are NOT going to quickly find someone, if ever. Otherwise, how can they keep you looking at the ads or paying fees for the "upgraded" services? It's all a big scam.
It's the same with men. All these obese men with baby mamas and low paying jobs who thought they could get a thin woman with a great job and no kids. The people who succeed on these sites(even if it means a date)are the ones who are rational.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It's the same with men. All these obese men with baby mamas and low paying jobs who thought they could get a thin woman with a great job and no kids. The people who succeed on these sites(even if it means a date)are the ones who are rational.
Where are such examples of obese men expecting thin women with great job and no kids?

For examples of single mom with 2 different dads expecting a single man, no kids, good job....we have the op as an example. I believe there were 2 threads in the past with the same thing. I have seen many posts of single mom's expecting a great guy with no kids, great job, etc...

Old 07-17-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Where are such examples of obese men expecting thin women with great job and no kids?

For examples of single mom with 2 different dads expecting a single man, no kids, good job....we have the op as an example.
They are all over POF. Same thing with all these guys with kids who only want childless women and get mad when we reject them.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:54 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,283,297 times
Quote:

For examples of single mom with 2 different dads expecting a single man, no kids, good job....we have the op as an example. I believe there were 2 threads in the past with the same thing. I have seen many posts of single mom's expecting a great guy with no kids, great job, etc...
They know they've already made a mistake once, twice, or three times. No more trying to rehabilitate a bad man. Problem is, by the time they discover what they've been doing wrong, they have wrecked their lives by having children and/or ruining their credit with said bad guys. Good guys don't want to rehabilitate someone else's mess most of the time. Easier to wait around for a better option.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
They are all over POF. Same thing with all these guys with kids who only want childless women and get mad when we reject them.
Can we have some concrete examples?

Can you describe an example of an obese man who messaged you and then you "rejected him" and then he got "mad"? And are you indeed childless?

The obese men I met in real life are realistic with the women they want. They know they are obese and just want a companion.

Single obese man with kids? I've never met one before though...

Old 07-17-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Can we have some concrete examples?

Can you describe an example of an obese man who messaged you and then you "rejected him" and then he got "mad"? And are you indeed childless?

The obese men I met in real life are realistic with the women they want. They know they are obese and just want a companion.

Single obese man with kids? I've never met one before though...
Many contacted me on POF and other sites. I'm not going to post the actual profiles but if you go to POF you will see them. Yes, many men got mad, including calling me names and on POF my first profile was deleted because a few idiots complained I didn't date them. There was one guy there who was obese (he was a cop ironically)yet in his profile stated "no fatties".

Yes I am childless.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Many contacted me on POF and other sites. I'm not going to post the actual profiles but if you go to POF you will see them. Yes, many men got mad, including calling me names and on POF my first profile was deleted because a few idiots complained I didn't date them. There was one guy there who was obese (he was a cop ironically)yet in his profile stated "no fatties".

Yes I am childless.
You don't have to post profile pics...just concrete examples.

What is qualifies as a "complaint"? What kind of names were they calling you?

What did you reply?

I just want to see if they were indeed "angry" or not.

From my personal experience, guys who were obese had the LEAST requirements of women because they knew their market worth. Therefore, what you are claiming contradicts what I've witnessed in my personal experience.

Last edited by techcrium; 07-17-2014 at 03:46 PM..

Old 07-17-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
You don't have to post profile pics...just concrete examples.

What is qualifies as a "complaint"? What kind of names were they calling you?

What did you reply?

I just want to see if they were indeed "angry" or not.

From my personal experience, guys who were obese had the LEAST requirements of women because they knew their market worth. Therefore, what you are claiming contradicts what I've witnessed in my personal experience.
Well one guy contacted me to complain about the fat women and when I said he was fat he called me the b word. Got that a lot when I rejected someone.Got that the most when I would tell dads no thanks. I was polite saying "thank you for the message but I see you have kids and I don't date dads. Good luck".

Old 07-17-2014, 05:30 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
There's a new thing out called birth control. You may want to look into it.
This may come as a great shock, but both my children were planned. And I am now on permanent birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships