Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 04:20 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
That's funny. I am the opposite. I am a lot more talkative/expressive in person than online, probably because I can see and/or hear the other person.
I'm a chatterbox.

I do let other people talk, though. It's just that I tend to ramble, especially around new people.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:21 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I'll have to read up on social anxiety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2014, 04:24 PM

943 posts, read 1,004,457 times
Quote:
You do and I heard you. Hahahaha!
LOL!
You have great social skills!

Old 07-15-2014, 04:33 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
That's funny. I am the opposite. I am a lot more talkative/expressive in person than online, probably because I can see and/or hear the other person.
I am equally expressive. I happen to have be soft-spoken in person. So I have to work a little harder so people can hear me. It is pretty funny though, because people just assume I am "nice." Then they are surprised when I say something "mean." But the subtle phrasing I guess, doesn't really work online.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:36 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I know, I'm often amazed at Ruths' insight, and her knowledge!
SRTH, you know, for some reason I have a very quiet voice, even when I think I'm talking as loud as others' and talking loud enough, I am not well heard.
I think this leads to several things, one I tend to not talk as much, knowing that other people are going to have a hard time hearing me.
Unless I'm in a one on one quiet environment, I tend to talk very little.
The next thing that comes of that, is those who have a more forward and 'loud' personality, voice or all of the above can easily overshadow me.
What does that have to do with anything? Well, online I don't have to talk out loud, so naturally its easy to put my two cents in without it not even being heard as in real life. And in the dating scene, just imagine sitting across the table from someone and not having them hear half of your conversation?
Maybe I just need to date those who have good hearing! I'll put that on my 'future' profile. Must have good hearing or good quality hearing aid!
LOL! I understand totally! I still talk a lot when it is louder, I just choose a specific victim. I also talk fast naturally...so that is a horrible combo for a loud place. I may have to steal your idea.

The benefit though, of being soft spoken, when you want to flirt with someone in a loud environment, you have a built in excuse to lean in and whisper in their ear!

Old 07-15-2014, 04:39 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
Quote:
Noooo, I don't believe it!

Old 07-15-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Noooo, I don't believe it!

And I don't believe you laugh a lot for a guy!

Old 07-15-2014, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
And in the dating scene, just imagine sitting across the table from someone and not having them hear half of your conversation?
Seriously, does that really happen to you? I can't imagine...

Do you mostly attract men who talk a lot?

I am actually much more inclined to talk/listen to someone in person than online. Maybe I enjoy it more when my senses are engaged.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:56 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
I don't believe this. Any proof ?

You seem to be a very outgoing woman online, unlike me who is a reserved ascetic (byproduct of going to a religious school).

Old 07-15-2014, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I don't believe this. Any proof ?

You seem to be a very outgoing woman online, unlike me who is a reserved ascetic (byproduct of going to a religious school).
I went to religious school for 12 years, so take that! :P

(Maybe I'm both. I don't know)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships