Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 07:23 AM

49,955 posts, read 63,265,686 times

Advertisements

You could say, "Mrs. Robinson, I think you're trying to seduce me." She might be old enough to get the reference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 09:57 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,578,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
You could say, "Mrs. Robinson, I think you're trying to seduce me." She might be old enough to get the reference.
If she's old enough she will. If the op doesn't, he's too young.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:00 PM

20 posts, read 69,148 times
I decided to take the leap everyone.

I bumped into her in our lobby the other afternoon when I was dressed sharp for an interview and we had a few minutes of conversation. I made small talk at first asking if her computer issues have been fine since I came by and she said yes. I finally confessed at the end and told her I've always been attracted to her and asked if there was ever any reciprocated feelings as well just to gauge a response.

By the end she was laughing and giggling. She told me it was sweet and she was very flattered and thinks I am a handsome polite young man. However she told me she was expecting company and that maybe we could continue the conversation another time and told me to stop by her apartment the next day (a day earlier this week) for some coffee.

I went that day and she did give me coffee and we had a conversation that was nice. She told me she was still laughing the whole day after I told her and I felt so embarrassed at first because I thought she felt offended and was ready to tear me apart and humiliate me. But down the line she did tell me that as an older woman it was very flattering. And as a single woman there can be no harm done and she leaned in and did a quick kiss on the lips. The rest is history but it did go great and I'm glad she wasn't offended or decided to berate me.

I don't know if it will continue or if it was a one time occurrence but either way I'm glad I took the chance. Thanks everyone who gave advice! I made sure to be polite and not come across as doggish which helped in my favor. I'll be sure to be careful and not do anything disrespectful if it does continue to ruin ties.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:55 PM

71 posts, read 81,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1GTS View Post
I decided to take the leap everyone.

I bumped into her in our lobby the other afternoon when I was dressed sharp for an interview and we had a few minutes of conversation. I made small talk at first asking if her computer issues have been fine since I came by and she said yes. I finally confessed at the end and told her I've always been attracted to her and asked if there was ever any reciprocated feelings as well just to gauge a response.

By the end she was laughing and giggling. She told me it was sweet and she was very flattered and thinks I am a handsome polite young man. However she told me she was expecting company and that maybe we could continue the conversation another time and told me to stop by her apartment the next day (a day earlier this week) for some coffee.

I went that day and she did give me coffee and we had a conversation that was nice. She told me she was still laughing the whole day after I told her and I felt so embarrassed at first because I thought she felt offended and was ready to tear me apart and humiliate me. But down the line she did tell me that as an older woman it was very flattering. And as a single woman there can be no harm done and she leaned in and did a quick kiss on the lips. The rest is history but it did go great and I'm glad she wasn't offended or decided to berate me.

I don't know if it will continue or if it was a one time occurrence but either way I'm glad I took the chance. Thanks everyone who gave advice! I made sure to be polite and not come across as doggish which helped in my favor. I'll be sure to be careful and not do anything disrespectful if it does continue to ruin ties.

Am I reading too much into this or does 'the rest is history' mean something happened afterward?

anyways, way to go

Old 12-22-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuush View Post
Am I reading too much into this or does 'the rest is history' mean something happened afterward?

anyways, way to go
Lol Yes I didn't want to be explicit but it went much further afterwards. And thanks! I now will be more open to taking risks in life where I have substantial grounds to go take the leap.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:04 PM

378 posts, read 438,871 times
Default Is she a moaner or screamer?

Do you care if your mother find out?

Old 12-22-2014, 11:15 PM

702 posts, read 535,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1GTS View Post
Lol Yes I didn't want to be explicit but it went much further afterwards. And thanks! I now will be more open to taking risks in life where I have substantial grounds to go take the leap.
Hahahaha Awesome! Congrats man, have fun, be discreet.

Old 12-23-2014, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeinca View Post
Do you care if your mother find out?
I don't want her to find out because it's awkward for your mom to know about that aspect of your life in general. But if she does find out she won't be thrilled but not raise hell either. She'd tell me and let me know that the risk I took could have gone completely in the other direction and to think about what I'm doing with a long lecture.

I hate to say it because of the double standard but if it was reverse and I was girl it would be much different and yea, I probably would be in deep, you know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships