Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2014, 05:25 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I actually haven't realized that. Thx.

I mean, I knew it instinctively, but... whatever.

Great point.
You are welcome! I can't tell you how many times I have done this.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:26 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,862,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
What is attractive to women is a man who is either rich, famous, or a male who clearly demonstrates power over other males such as police officers or some kind of tough bad-boy. The closer you get to being rich, famous, or powerful, the more women will come out the woodwork.
Dude, I don't know any ladies who like cops. They avoid them for dating. Same with bad boys. And nobody realistically expects to get with somebody rich and famous. Most women are cool with regular dudes if you treat 'em right and show 'em a good time, and are interesting to talk to. Just good, basic stuff is all it takes.

Old 07-22-2014, 05:56 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Dude, I don't know any ladies who like cops. They avoid them for dating.

Young women throw themselves at cops. Every time I hang out at night at the crowded strips where cops are needed because so many people are out, the women in packs ignore most of the males and the cat calls, but those same women cat call the police officers and get very excited to see them. Women love men in uniform, and cops are one of them.

Quote:
And nobody realistically expects to get with somebody rich and famous. Most women are cool with regular dudes if you treat 'em right and show 'em a good time, and are interesting to talk to. Just good, basic stuff is all it takes.
Yea, but even if you're really a regular man, you still have to "peacock" and pose that you're rich/successful just to get the time of day and basic respect from the woman you're trying to court.

For example, you just can't expect to pick up a hot good looking woman in a 1982 Toyota Tercel and think she's going to be ok with that. You have no choice but to buy/lease that 2013 BMW M3 so women can visibly see that you have possession over something valuable and has a connection with success.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Young women throw themselves at cops. Every time I hang out at night at the crowded strips where cops are needed because so many people are out, the women in packs ignore most of the males and the cat calls, but those same women cat call the police officers and get very excited to see them. Women love men in uniform, and cops are one of them.

Yea, but even if you're really a regular man, you still have to "peacock" and pose that they're rich/successful just to get the time of day and basic respect from the woman you're trying to court.

For example, you just can't expect to pick up a hot good looking woman in a 1982 Toyota Tercel and think she's going to be ok with that. You have no choice but to buy/lease that 2013 BMW M3 so women can visibly see something that associates you with what is currently successful.
Speak for yourself. I don't have to do all that stuff, nor do my friends. I don't believe in trying to fake anything. I'm very WYSIWYG. You sound desperate. And if you're around women who think cops are cool, you need to find a new crowd. Cops are notorious for abuses of power and authority. Any sane, intelligent woman steers clear. Even young ones.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:04 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
Fair enough. But these guys don't even know if they're good with women. OP said they'd never given it a try. Being passive and waiting to see if women approach you isn't a metric of whether you're good with women. If they try to get to know women through their work in some way, or through outside activities, and approach a few who seem simpatico after having some good convos, they could win. You can't win if you don't try. I can't get my mind around giving up before you even try.
From my experience if you are being approached by women you are clearly attractive to them if not then you are clearly not. A very logical and reasoned conclusion. The op' s friends may have come to this conclusion as well. Its not about not trying.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jma501 View Post
From my experience if you are being approached by women you are clearly attractive to them if not then you are clearly not. A very logical and reasoned conclusion. The op' s friends may have come to this conclusion as well. Its not about not trying.
In your post the previous page you mentioned "being good with women". It's not logical for someone to decide they're not good with women if they've never tried.

Some women don't approach dudes, out of shyness, or a belief dudes will approach them, or whatever. It doesn't mean they're not attracted to someone. It's not proof of anything, except that some women don't approach. OP's friends are jumping to conclusions, and writing themselves off as a result. It's weird.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:14 PM

2,732 posts, read 3,584,681 times
Quote:
Speak for yourself. I don't have to do all that stuff, nor do my friends. I don't believe in trying to fake anything. I'm very WYSIWYG. You sound desperate. And if you're around women who think cops are cool, you need to find a new crowd. Cops are notorious for abuses of power and authority. Any sane, intelligent woman steers clear. Even young ones.
You obviously have something against police officers, and it sounds like you're also jealous of them.

Cops are not that bad of people, and I hate to hear people bad mouth them when people like you will call for them to risk their life to come to your aid because you're too afraid to do it yourself.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:35 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,234 times
Quote:
In your post the previous page you mentioned "being good with women". It's not logical for someone to decide they're not good with women if they've never tried.

Some women don't approach dudes, out of shyness, or a belief dudes will approach them, or whatever. It doesn't mean they're not attracted to someone. It's not proof of anything, except that some women don't approach. OP's friends are jumping to conclusions, and writing themselves off as a result. It's weird.
I did the same thing in my twenties. I don't believe I jumped to a conclusion, nor do I believe I wrote myself off. Lastly I do not think it is weird and nor do the op's friends apparently.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:51 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:

Yea, but even if you're really a regular man, you still have to "peacock" and pose that you're rich/successful just to get the time of day and basic respect from the woman you're trying to court.

For example, you just can't expect to pick up a hot good looking woman in a 1982 Toyota Tercel and think she's going to be ok with that. You have no choice but to buy/lease that 2013 BMW M3 so women can visibly see that you have possession over something valuable and has a connection with success.
I'd be far more interested in a man who drove an electric car or one of those little things that looks like a roller skate. Guys who are ecologically-minded really turn me on, not guys with money. Been there, done that. All the BMWs and limos in the world aren't worth being with an a$$.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:

This probably has more to do with the type of women that you are going after than women in general. I would say that the number of my friends that married men who are cops/firefighters/in the military is relatively small. As for cars - well, I spent most of my adult life in NYC. Cars were a non-issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships