Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 06:08 PM

31 posts, read 150,767 times

Advertisements

I graduated last summer and was really lucky in that I quickly found a job that I feel I could make into a long-term career. I moved to a new city, got my own place, paid off my debts and so on; I'm not wildly successful, but I make enough to support myself and have a little expendable income.

I always thought that graduating, finding a career, getting my own place and so on would put me in a league above average broke college guys, and that it would up my chances of meeting girls, hooking up and dating. However, in all honesty, I've been really hard-pressed just to meet girls this past year and a half, let alone date them; I was actually meeting and dating more girls as an average broke college guy myself. Maybe it's because I'm not on campus anymore; I'm not physically in a position to meet lots of girls like I once was.

I'm not opposed to meeting and dating graduated girls with careers; it's just that it's hard to meet them. There's not much of a "yuppie scene" where I live. I frequently take day-trips to NYC on weekends, but I find the scene there intimidating when it comes to meeting girls; there's tonnes of beautiful women everywhere, but its hard to muster up the courage just to go up, introduce myself and talk to them. I also feel like I'm competing with other independent guys who may be more successful and "established" than I am; I feel like I'm nothing special or exemplary in comparison.

I'm just wondering, how easy is it for graduated, independent guys in their mid-20s to meet younger girls who're still in college? How do college-girls feel about slightly older guys with careers as opposed to college guys?

Also, how do younger, less-experienced/established guys fare in the "yuppie scene" in high-competition areas like NYC? What type of demographic of girls would that guy have the most success with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 09:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
you meet girls everyday, cant help it they are EVERYWHERE. but i realize its hard to just walk up to some girl on the street and start talking to her. no problem, start by volunteering somewhere, like the local animal shelter, homeless shelter, red cross, etc. join the local church, frequent the local college library. there are literally hundreds of places where you can go to meet girls. get the local classifieds, and look in the personals section for singles events, and go to those events.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:10 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,852,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferredoxin4 View Post
I graduated last summer and was really lucky in that I quickly found a job that I feel I could make into a long-term career. I moved to a new city, got my own place, paid off my debts and so on; I'm not wildly successful, but I make enough to support myself and have a little expendable income.

I always thought that graduating, finding a career, getting my own place and so on would put me in a league above average broke college guys, and that it would up my chances of meeting girls, hooking up and dating. However, in all honesty, I've been really hard-pressed just to meet girls this past year and a half, let alone date them; I was actually meeting and dating more girls as an average broke college guy myself. Maybe it's because I'm not on campus anymore; I'm not physically in a position to meet lots of girls like I once was.

I'm not opposed to meeting and dating graduated girls with careers; it's just that it's hard to meet them. There's not much of a "yuppie scene" where I live. I frequently take day-trips to NYC on weekends, but I find the scene there intimidating when it comes to meeting girls; there's tonnes of beautiful women everywhere, but its hard to muster up the courage just to go up, introduce myself and talk to them. I also feel like I'm competing with other independent guys who may be more successful and "established" than I am; I feel like I'm nothing special or exemplary in comparison.

I'm just wondering, how easy is it for graduated, independent guys in their mid-20s to meet younger girls who're still in college? How do college-girls feel about slightly older guys with careers as opposed to college guys?

Also, how do younger, less-experienced/established guys fare in the "yuppie scene" in high-competition areas like NYC? What type of demographic of girls would that guy have the most success with?

My senior year of college was my climax (no pun intended haha) of my dating / sexual experience while in college. After college it did not necessarily drop off but i certainly had to work harder at it. My last two years of college I joined my schools professional association for education majors which was essentially myself, 3 other guys and 200 females. Needless to say I did not spend my weekend nor week day nights very lonesome.

Dating for the professional male in his mid to late 20s who is after the early 20s undergrad is possible but the odds are stacked against you. while you are at work she has her pick of guys her age who have her same daily schedule. i was 29 and dated a 21 year old undergrad for a month. she wanted to continue to live the undergrad lifestyle (understandably)...meaning go to parties, etc... and i was in no mood to be the guy at the party pushing 30 haha.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:15 PM

457 posts, read 605,322 times
Mod cut: Quoted post deleted.

Depending on where you live I think you would rather meet women than girls.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 07-25-2014 at 11:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships