Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 12:35 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times

Advertisements

Oh, I just thought of one. Any man that likes Nickelback.

No. Just, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 12:37 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Oh honey,..you're serious?? ALone forever then?
You fart, I guarantee it. If you are with another person and sleep in a bed with them you will fart on them, they will fart on you. There is no getting around it. You can only date a man without an anus, you know that right?
You can excuse yourself though. Sleep toots are unavoidable, but there's no need to have full on fart contests with someone you want to have sex with.

Obviously sometimes it happens by accident, but it's gross and a turn off.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:01 AM

10,065 posts, read 7,237,863 times
I would settle for someone who could simply pronounce "Dvorak" correctly. If they could say half what you wrote there I'd go tell it on the mountain.

All the women's profiles I see say they "like to do anything outdoors" and are "comfortable getting muddy or dressing up for a night on the town!" They never articulate what that really means, though. I've found that there are wide variances in how different women define "on the town" and "outdoor activities." I like outdoor activities too, but never know if she means hiking, kayaking, mountain biking or mudding.

I think I'm in the wrong place and I'm just not a good fit for the women here. It really sucks that I may have to give up my excellent job to find a place with more datable prospects - I did have better luck in other locales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Classical music is a tough one. It's difficult to find anyone in America - male or female, young or old, rich or poor - whose primary musical preference is towards classical. While some people could be cajoled into attending public performances because of the excitement and glamor of a night on the town, for the vast majority, tastes and personal druthers lean towards some form of "popular" music.

Taste in music/culture isn't a deal-breaker for me, but I'd certainly prefer a partner with whom I could discuss how Brahms' Requiem intentionally avoids overtly Christian references, or what programmatic element might be implied by some ostensibly strictly "pure" composition. Likewise, I have no familiarity (let alone interest) in the various "bands" that people list under musical-preferences in their OK-Cupid profiles, and would struggle to offer them enthused and sincere company if we went to a rock "concert" together.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:34 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times
Education is one for me too, but I don't think it's really an obscure deal breaker. I believe no education is wasted regardless of what you study. I have a graduate degree from a program that was very, very selective and I am proud of my hard work and study habits. It seems like a lot of the time when people say that college doesn't make you smarter, are typically people who didn't go to college. I come from a family where not going to college wasn't an option and that's how I intend on raising my children. If my child at 18 wants to skip college and just either enter the workforce, be an actor, etc., they can make their own choice but the buck the stops there.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:39 AM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Marshall FIREBALLER View Post
I don't date woman who eat pumpkin pie, contribute to the destruction of the environment by coloring their hair or don't have an absolute minimum 10 x 10 vegetable garden.

Good for you.

Stan, rescues are hit or miss but alas, you will still find a rescue that will work with you and the payout should be worth it considering you saved a life. When I adopt I typically do try to go to the pound directly because I think that's the most environmentally responsible choice one could make overall. I have volunteered at a shelter in LA when I lived there. Rescues tend to save purebred dogs, or dogs that are easy to adopt. It should be the other way around but whatever. In the end both still save lives.

Old 07-20-2014, 02:39 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Hoochie mamma's make the world go around.

I agree. I love hoochie mamas so much.Women should be under no pressure whatsoever to not dress like a hoochie. If anything it should be celebrated. The pressures that prevent women from becoming hoochies are sexist in nature...it's extreme male dominance in action.

Old 07-20-2014, 05:48 AM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMe123 View Post
Being part of a good, loving, supportive family is a stroke of luck, not a moral achievement.

Check yo' privilege.
What does moral achievement have to do with anything? If one person has a close family and the other has a dysfunctional family, how many problems do you think that may cause? How about holidays? How about Sunday dinners? If a person did not grow up that way they would probably not get it.

What in the hell does "check yo' privilege" mean?

Old 07-20-2014, 06:03 AM

1,935 posts, read 4,776,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
I was talking about this with 2 of my closest friends. They understand this, but it's not something they feel strongly about. I am very into environmental and animal rights. I will not date a man who bought his dog through a breeder or pet shop when there are dogs being killed everyday at pounds. I broke this "rule" around November because I live in Reno and it is slim pickings of men here. The boyfriend I had, had 3 dogs from a breeder, bred his dogs a couple of times, and refused to get his dogs fixed. We didn't end the relationship due to that, but it was something about him I could never get over. I won't date someone who bought from a breeder or store again.
If I were not married, I wouldn't date a girl who is thin.

VERY few men would ever say that! Actually I don't know one who would.

Old 07-20-2014, 06:40 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Oh honey,..you're serious?? ALone forever then?
You fart, I guarantee it. If you are with another person and sleep in a bed with them you will fart on them, they will fart on you. There is no getting around it. You can only date a man without an anus, you know that right?
Oh honey.. I've been with my husband for over 20 years, so not alone forever, and thankfully he doesn't intentionally fart in front of me.

You should read prior posts before commenting. I already acknowledged that yes, I fart too, and I also stated earlier that it was about intentional farting. If I'm standing in the kitchen with him cooking dinner and he knows he's going to fart, he can leave the room ( and I'm sure he does). There's no reason to do it right there. I expect that from my dog or a baby, not a grown man.

I poop too, but I don't feel the need to announce that to him or leave the results in the toilet for him to see. Just because we all do it doesn't mean that everybody else needs to know how, when, where or what it smells like

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
You can excuse yourself though. Sleep toots are unavoidable, but there's no need to have full on fart contests with someone you want to have sex with.

Obviously sometimes it happens by accident, but it's gross and a turn off.
Exactly.

Old 07-20-2014, 07:58 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
This is my son!!! Petey!!!
You bore a dog? I think you will find that is actually not your son, but your dog.

As for my deal breakers, loopy women who think that their cats and dogs are their children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships