Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:16 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,601,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
^^^This. "Hey, wanna do it" is not foreplay. Normally through looks, words, body language and touch, your spouse is indicating their desire for intimacy, not "want to have sex". Sex is something shared, not an item given from one person to another on demand.

You shouldn't have to ask, but if you're asking, the answer isn't always going to be yes. Timing is a big thing. When you have something to say or want something from your spouse, it helps if you think about more than yourself in the situation.
I leaned this years ago. College, even. Got pretty good at it, so I thought.

Then, dated a woman who apparently did not respond to foreplay. Tried a lot of things, either to no effect, or she would stop me. Even verbal flirting was met with a blank stare or a response of "stop, you're being nasty". Asked her what she liked, what turned her on, she said she didn't know. She just never liked sex and could never get comfortable enough with the idea of being a sexual being to ever learn what she liked, or let anyone really try things out with her. When we did have sex, it was basically "so, wanna do it" and then morbid, corpse-like missionary followed. I cut her loose eventually but for many other reasons than just sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 03:09 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,228,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
If the marriage is solid this usually happens anyway.

I don't agree that someone should continue to "put out" sexually as an absolute.
People don't owe their spouse sex simply because they are married.
No but then what is the point of being married?

Old 07-24-2014, 04:38 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post

Um, being committed to the one you love and having the entire world know it? Maybe?

Old 07-25-2014, 06:41 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
If you don't owe your spouse sex, how can you owe them fidelity?

Old 07-26-2014, 09:03 AM

1,115 posts, read 1,193,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
If you get married to have sex, or think marriage equals sex, you're doing it wrong

Old 07-26-2014, 09:25 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
That'll get him laid more often.

These types really baffle me and I'm not going to blame the plumbing. It's a matter of neurons, or the lack thereof. If my guy made endless excuses to keep from being intimate with me, I would wonder if/how I am contributing to that.

I've done/said similar when I just wasn't attracted anymore and was afraid to say so. I wonder if that is the case for her. Whatever it is, he isn't doing his best to find out. He wants to be the victim.

Old 07-26-2014, 05:53 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,731,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
If you get married to have sex, or think marriage equals sex, you're doing it wrong
If you live your life to have sex, you're living it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships