Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2014, 11:16 AM

29,745 posts, read 34,383,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
If the baby cries, ignore the crying. If you can't easily ignore crying, turn on the TV or the stereo so that the sound it creates will drown out the baby's noise.
You have got to be kidding with this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 11:33 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,279,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
He's not the one who published the document. Why is he a piece of crap? He is trying to communicate with his wife in a very direct way and she throws it in his face.
Actually I would say he is communicating with her in a very passive aggressive way. They are both idiots.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Romani, I was with you about making time and simplifying life, but you're not being realistic. Cranking up the stereo to drown out a crying baby is not a solution. Families used to live in caves and huts, none of these rooms and doors and stereos. Sometimes you just have to be quiet and patient when there are other people around, and young ones need attention. When they're a little older they can watch Monsters Inc. and leave you alone for a while. Sex should be a priority, but it's not the only one. I say this as a wife who has to be patient at times.

Old 07-20-2014, 11:52 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Remember you said that if you ever face a serious illness or injury that requires a few months of recuperation.
Is that the issue with the wife in question?

Old 07-20-2014, 12:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
No children. However, what's the big deal? Put 'em to bed, wait 15-30 minutes to make sure they're asleep, and then scorch the sheets. Or, just lock the freaking door and tell the kids that if they dare to knock, or come to the door and call for you, when there's no blood or puke on the floor, they will be grounded without video games or play dates for a month. If the baby cries, ignore the crying. If you can't easily ignore crying, turn on the TV or the stereo so that the sound it creates will drown out the baby's noise. Have sex when the baby is asleep. There are plenty of ways around this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You have got to be kidding with this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Romani, I was with you about making time and simplifying life, but you're not being realistic. Cranking up the stereo to drown out a crying baby is not a solution. Families used to live in caves and huts, none of these rooms and doors and stereos. Sometimes you just have to be quiet and patient when there are other people around, and young ones need attention. When they're a little older they can watch Monsters Inc. and leave you alone for a while. Sex should be a priority, but it's not the only one. I say this as a wife who has to be patient at times.
Romani - It's obvious that you don't have children. No offense - but you have no idea what you are talking about. And our marriage is a lifetime commitment - it's not contingent on having sex every day. There are times when we get to have sex a lot - and there are times when other things are going to come first. If you've never had a baby - it's something that you just can't understand. This stage doesn't last forever and we look forward to having a fabulous sex life again - but we still love each other very much and have a wonderful relationship even if we don't get to do it as much as we would like.

But giving advice on how to have sex when you have children when you don't actually have children is a bit like me telling men how they can masturbate better.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:09 PM

577 posts, read 900,304 times
It looks like she's timing her "yes" to every 10 days i.e. 2 to 3 times a month. She's pared it down to the bare minimum of obligation sex. I feel bad for the husband, he was probably desperate and resorted to the spreadsheet because talking to her (all the "non verbals") probably didn't work. I don't think his situation is unique unfortunately.

Old 07-20-2014, 12:20 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,250,329 times
Poor dude. See guys, that's what's you're in for you when you get married, lol

Old 07-20-2014, 12:25 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's not always possible. Do you have children?

We don't have major problems. We have a baby and a toddler.
Yeah...no kidding.

With 2 of my kids I was on bedrest/pelvic rest. That was no sex for 6 months with one of them and another 4 months or so with the other.

We've had to abstain when he had a vasectomy, because it didn't go quite as planned and he had some minor issues afterwards. We are abstaining now because I have a tailbone injury and while we've tried, there isn't a position that is comfortable and them I'm sore for days afterwards.

Sometimes his job is just so stressful and busy that he's not in the mood...and I can respect that because at times I'm in the same position.

There are times in our life when it's just not possible. Thankfully, we don't keep calendars on frequency. If it's an issue we just discuss it.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:23 PM

45,379 posts, read 60,561,367 times
Other times for abstention:

Several days prior to a PSA blood test. Recent activity increases the number and causes your urologist to wish to perform yet another prostate biopsy.

Old 07-20-2014, 01:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Other times for abstention:

Several days prior to a PSA blood test. Recent activity increases the number and causes your urologist to wish to perform yet another prostate biopsy.
Well, who WOULDN'T want another prostate biopsy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships