Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 07:05 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times

Advertisements

I haven't had an ex since 1978 but I miss...

Her empty promises, great story teller as I remember
The way she glowed after she had sex with two guys from work
The way her hair glistened in the sun as she was leaving for another party

Laughing as I write this, nothing to miss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 07:09 AM

218 posts, read 606,313 times
He washed my car.

Old 12-20-2007, 07:51 AM

2,438 posts, read 7,012,607 times
Rcm58.. good post.. ever thought of taking up writing? That was classic and probably describes 75% of what goes on!

Old 12-20-2007, 10:23 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,550,899 times
With one of my exes, I miss kissing. Most guys are very goal-oriented when it comes to sex (there's a reason it's called "foreplay"!), but he was a "take your time" kind of guy, to be remembered with a blush and a sigh.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:30 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Absolutely nothing.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:49 AM

15,603 posts, read 39,829,023 times
I see this morning my ex gf made the news! Ahahahahahahahaah!

Case number: 07-105330

Type: Assault IV (DV)

Text: On 12/19/07, at approximately 2246 hours, Soldotna AST responded
to a Domestic Disturbance in progress at a residence in Sterling.
Investigation lead to the arrest of Paula Sueann Lee, age 36, after it
was determined Ms. Lee had bitten her boy friend twice and pushed him
down a flight of stairs. Ms. Lee was incarcerated at WPTF on no bail
pending arraignment. Both parties involved in the incident were drinking
alcohol.

Old 12-20-2007, 10:54 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
I see this morning my ex gf made the news! Ahahahahahahahaah!

Case number: 07-105330

Type: Assault IV (DV)

Text: On 12/19/07, at approximately 2246 hours, Soldotna AST responded
to a Domestic Disturbance in progress at a residence in Sterling.
Investigation lead to the arrest of Paula Sueann Lee, age 36, after it
was determined Ms. Lee had bitten her boy friend twice and pushed him
down a flight of stairs. Ms. Lee was incarcerated at WPTF on no bail
pending arraignment. Both parties involved in the incident were drinking
alcohol.

OMG that is fun-nay! I tried to rep for that but I'm on lockdown. Now we know you meant it when you said it. Sheesh! If I were the prying type, I would ask how many bites she took out of you and how many flights of stairs you fell down before you called it off...but I'm not the prying type, so I won't ask....

Old 12-20-2007, 11:13 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,160,105 times
Brains. From two very specific ones.

Some things here and there from others (hey I'm old. It's called experience). :-)))

Sensitivity. Thoughtfulness. Great Sex, both physically and emotionally, from one of the two with the brains. :-))) (he was my 2nd husband).

And we've remained friends through the years.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
no thing....those of my ex's that I'm still friends with, well, we have a lot in common beyond a relationship that is physical...and those who I do not miss, well, we didn't have very much in common....

Relationships with others are not simply about a sexual encounter, but so much more....and can be summed up in one word...compatibility. Compatibility in all aspects of who we are...mentally, morally and spiritually. And it means a lot to us, when we think we've found someone we love a great deal, and they don't live up to our expectations...simply put, they can't...they only know, how they were raised...therefore, not everyone hurts others intentionally...b/c it's all they know.

So, again, I say, there are ex's that I am no longer in contact with, and would rather not be....doesn't mean they are bad people, just means, that I wasn't able to see at the time, that the only thing we had in common was a sense of compatiblity and falling in love with the idea of having someone in our lives...or, perhaps, simply said, falling in love with lust....
but when it's all said and done, there has to be more....

Hugs
Creme

Old 12-20-2007, 11:51 AM

22,182 posts, read 19,221,727 times
I just remembered another...one ex made me feel like an absolute princess, we went out to dinner and they said "Order whatever you want on the menu, anything, even if you can't eat it all, even if you just want a taste of it, do that because you can have whatever you want and you are worth it." It was one of the most romantic gestures! So what I miss about that ex was their skill in the art of weaving romance, with gestures that were meaningful to me personally. That same person one evening lit something like 95 candles and told me how beautiful I was in candlelight....see? romance!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships