Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2014, 05:32 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
You know what's annoying? Vegans posting on Facebook about why they chose to go vegetarian or vegan and why they are better than everyone who didn't choose there lifestyle.
I started removing folks from my feed when I got tired of their posts. I don't have any interest in minute by minute updates on their potty training child, or 500 posts about how crappy their job/pay is.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I started removing folks from my feed when I got tired of their posts. I don't have any interest in minute by minute updates on their potty training child, or 500 posts about how crappy their job/pay is.
Venting doesn't bother me. I pretty much mess around and post random stuff or post during football season about my favorite team and such. I do not take it very seriously.

But I do like it to keep in touch with people that I don't get to see often, especially family.

I have 2 Vegan friends on Facebook, one of them doesn't post too often, so when he posts something it's not usually bad. The other poster basically calls every non-vegan person an *******, and proceeds to post videos about how great being a vegan is and videos about animal cruelty. It takes every ounce of my being to not make a post about how I hope that some of those animals that were shown in those vids wound up on my grill and in my belly.

I like this person because when she isn't doing this, she makes well thought-out posts and she can be insightful, but I don't know how much more of this garbage I can take.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:41 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
You know what's annoying? Vegans posting on Facebook about why they chose to go vegetarian or vegan and why they are better than everyone who didn't choose there lifestyle.
Most people that I've met that are vegan don't look healthy, this is usually upon find out later that they were vegans...

The problem is that a lot of vegans don't understand how to get the proper food combinations to be able to get their dietary needs met.

We have a dumbass niece that thinks she's a vegetarian and she looks like hell half the time.......

Poor girl is beautiful, but she looks like crap from not having proper nutrition.....

Old 08-09-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Most people that I've met that are vegan don't look healthy, this is usually upon find out later that they were vegans...

The problem is that a lot of vegans don't understand how to get the proper food combinations to be able to get their dietary needs met.

We have a dumbass niece that thinks she's a vegetarian and she looks like hell half the time.......

Poor girl is beautiful, but she looks like crap from not having proper nutrition.....
You can probably still get awful close to proper nutrition if you eat correctly and still stay vegetarian, but I think some people take it to extremes and cut too many foods that gives your body the nutrition it needs to sustain themselves.

I've seen youtube clips of people who have gone so far that there vegan diets can't give them the proper nutrition, so they have to eat egg sandwiches to give them what they don't have.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
You can probably still get awful close to proper nutrition if you eat correctly and still stay vegetarian, but I think some people take it to extremes and cut too many foods that gives your body the nutrition it needs to sustain themselves.

I've seen youtube clips of people who have gone so far that there vegan diets can't give them the proper nutrition, so they have to eat egg sandwiches to give them what they don't have.
Vegan don't eat eggs.

The problem is that a lot of vegans don't understand protein requirements... and it's hard to get the proper protein balance....... the correct amino acids etc etc etc....

Old 08-09-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Vegan don't eat eggs.

The problem is that a lot of vegans don't understand protein requirements... and it's hard to get the proper protein balance....... the correct amino acids etc etc etc....
I know they don't, but because that person chose to cut everything that gave him the proper proteins and whatever else that eggs can give him, he has to eat eggs to give his body that nutrition.

But, he claims vegetarian/vegan or whatever he says he is on his youtube clips that I used to watch of him.

Old 08-09-2014, 05:59 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Vegan don't eat eggs.

Shoot...I have no idea if I'm getting good balance in my diet. Amino acids and such...I can't say I've ever paid attention to that. I'm sure my diet is terrible. People that prescribe to specialty diets have done more research on what they eat than I currently do

Old 08-09-2014, 07:20 PM

We were talking about Van Halen a few days ago... but man... nothing satisfies like a big ol set of early VH.... long back before Eddie became friendly with keyboards...

Back the way rock was meant to be played.... keyboard less.....

Old 08-09-2014, 07:42 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:
We were talking about Van Halen a few days ago... but man... nothing satisfies like a big ol set of early VH.... long back before Eddie became friendly with keyboards...

You really got me.

Van Halen - You really got me 1980 - YouTube

Old 08-09-2014, 07:47 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
It was an assault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships