Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2014, 04:29 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post

At least he didn't say neither were debatable.
If it makes you all feel better about yourselves to think of me as the town idiot then have at it.

Old 07-28-2014, 04:47 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
It won over the comment "I use my tally wacker." I think I made the right choice.

At least he didn't say neither were debatable.
You chose wisely.

And I didn't say which of the two were debatable.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:17 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
If it makes you all feel better about yourselves to think of me as the town idiot then have at it.
I was just observing that it could have been worse.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:55 AM

4,005 posts, read 4,102,213 times
Don't anyone choke on his/her Cheerios. But feel free to say, "Fiiiiiiinnnnaaaallly".

I.
Have.
A.
Date.

- With a real man. Who doesn't inflate OR run of batteries.

The exact day (after work) hasn't been ironed out yet, so he still has time to back out! LOL

And it was HIS idea. LOL And I have emails to prove it.

Now, I don't know what to do! When we see each other, do I shake his hand? Do I hug him? I think a handshake is too formal and unfriendly. I think a hug might be too much. What about touching him on his arm and sincerely saying that it's nice to meet him or ask him how his day was?

Oh, boy. I got myself into this now. LOL Wish me luck.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:47 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,459,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Don't anyone choke on his/her Cheerios. But feel free to say, "Fiiiiiiinnnnaaaallly".

I.
Have.
A.
Date.

- With a real man. Who doesn't inflate OR run of batteries.

The exact day (after work) hasn't been ironed out yet, so he still has time to back out! LOL

And it was HIS idea. LOL And I have emails to prove it.

Now, I don't know what to do! When we see each other, do I shake his hand? Do I hug him? I think a handshake is too formal and unfriendly. I think a hug might be too much. What about touching him on his arm and sincerely saying that it's nice to meet him or ask him how his day was?

Oh, boy. I got myself into this now. LOL Wish me luck.
Just relax and have fun. First meeting a handshake is perfectly fine, no need for judgements either way, you aren't best buds. A nice inviting smile and relaxed handshake and leave it at that. Proceed with a open mind and friendly demeanor no expectations other than to have a nice evening enjoying each other's company.

Best wishes for you to have a lovely time.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Just relax and have fun. First meeting a handshake is perfectly fine, no need for judgements either way, you aren't best buds. A nice inviting smile and relaxed handshake and leave it at that. Proceed with a open mind and friendly demeanor no expectations other than to have a nice evening enjoying each other's company.

Best wishes for you to have a lovely time.
I agree, a handshake is best. Though you could touch his elbow with your other hand, to increase the physical touch...however, you will know what to do when you see him and what kind of signals you want to send. Don't over think it.

Old 07-29-2014, 08:10 AM

I had to post this...because I am an open book with regard to body language.

Someone had recently asked me why I always rub my hands together (this was at my sons baseball game). I really didn't know why at the time, but holy cow! This thing is dead on. I always do it when the game gets intense...we are up at bat...bases loaded....need to throw the last strike...whatever it is, I almost always rub my hands together really slowly. After reading this I realize that YES, it's because I'm hoping for a positive outcome! lol Too weird!

Arm and Hand Body Language

Old 07-29-2014, 03:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
what is with all this repping from non-members lately?

Seriously I logged on today and saw that I had 15 reps from people who weren't a part of the forum.

Old 07-29-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
what is with all this repping from non-members lately?

Seriously I logged on today and saw that I had 15 reps from people who weren't a part of the forum.
How can you tell it's not from a member?

Old 07-29-2014, 04:01 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
How can you tell it's not from a member?
On your reputations section, there's 2 blocks of reputations you can get, 1 block has all of your reps received by members who are logged on and repped you either through the add-rep on the top right of the comment or the bottom left click to add reputations link. Both will show up in that 1st block.

The 2nd block has reputation given by guests, or non-forum members, or maybe they're just logged out of there name when they repped you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships