Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 08:46 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times

Advertisements

Woah, the last thing I want is Sarah freaking Palin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 09:25 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,636,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Woah, the last thing I want is Sarah freaking Palin.
No kidding. She's proof that looks can't make up for an awful personality. And she's not that good looking either.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:35 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,365,800 times
My husband had an ideal, but he didn't make an actual list other than the basic criteria for compatibility (religion, politics, lifestyle, smoking, drinking, etc). But he knew what he wanted in a partner.

I think including a list of one's "ideal" partner in a profile isn't the greatest move. I mean, I know what qualities and attributes I like, but I saw no reason to list them, nor did I list the qualities and attributes I believe I exhibit. That's for the other person to judge. I could have said I have an acerbic wit and a good sense of humor, but then my bias would be showing, right? Taste and preferences in said qualities varies greatly, and a lot of it is subjective.

Old 07-21-2014, 09:56 AM

2,071 posts, read 2,208,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Ok guys, but I think what Nila is asking for is what should her profile SAY that would indicate she is the type of woman you are looking for...
Sometimes the antimessage is the message. As you have observed, most of the responses from men in this thread don't even address the OP's question. If they aren't reading a two sentence question, what are the chances they are reading an extravagant dating profile essay?

Old 07-21-2014, 10:02 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
To be honest........Your pictures hold more weight than anything.

Make sure you have some nice CURRENT pictures of your face as well as your physique. Not just your upper half

but also your middle and lower sections. Doesn't matter how great of shape you are in. Make sure you show your entire

body. This will let guys know what they are dealing with upfront.

Avoid the use of words like FEISTY, INDEPENDENT, and SARCASTIC.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:08 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
First thing I look at, when meeting any woman, is what she looks like. If there is no physical attraction, then why move forward.

Secondly, then I'll usually talk with her to see what kind of person she is, and where she is at in her life. The first thing I look for is stability, meaning you have a job and pay for all of your bills with no one elses help. If you can't manager your finances, I don't want you messing mine up. How well does she speak and converse? Is she a college graduate? If I ask her about something that happened recently on the news, would she know anything about it?

Does she have children? How old are they? Whats the home situation like?

Then it becomes how many of the things I like that you'd like. Do you like to travel? Do you love having lots of sex? Do you smoke pot? Do you drink? Do you like live music venues? Should children go with us on none, some, most, or all trips until they are old enough they move out?

All of these things I would look for in a potential mate. But sorry ladies, the first thing men look at is you body and your face. You could be a gorgeous woman who is a complete mess in their personal lives. I want none of that. I have enough baggage without carrying yours. She could be a average woman who meets most of the criteria I listed above and I'd probably give her a chance. However if I see muffin tops, stretch marks, or just fat, I am not interested in being your lover. We can be friends.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:09 AM

41,938 posts, read 36,935,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post

Avoid the use of words like FEISTY, INDEPENDENT, and SARCASTIC.

Can't agree with that at all.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:26 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,616,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Can't agree with that at all.

You don't have to.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:27 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,179,283 times
Thin and not crazy.

It's a tall order, but I know she's out there somewhere.........

Old 07-21-2014, 10:29 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky4life View Post
Thin and not crazy.

It's a tall order, but I know she's out there somewhere.........
There aren't to many people I have meet, regardless of sex, who aren't crazy at some point or about some subject. Women are no exception.

My lady is 6'1" and beautifully skinny. I'm 6'4", so we match well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships