Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 04:58 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,642,323 times

Advertisements

It is a number of things. More language barrier with Asian than Hispanic men. More American women are Spanish speaking and Hispanic men by the number have better English language skills than Indian or Chinese men, unless they are 2nd generation. Asian languages are a bigger stretch to English, than another European language.

Then there is the perception that Asian men who are first generation will date the American woman, but only bring someone from their own tribe home to Mom. Indian and Chinese cultures are matriarchal.

Also, there are broader religious differences. The Hispanic man could marry an Irish or Italian Catholic and both could practice and get married in their original faith.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
First off there are attractive people of ALL ethnicities. Heck one of my first relationships was with a Japanese guy. However, most of the east Asian men and women I've met are the ones most worried about how their families would react. I have a girlfriend whose mom would lament about her not having rice if she picked a white guy (not sure of the exact saying).

I've never had anyone else approach - either I don't appeal to them or they are to timid.
I had a hilarious story one time when I was approached by an Chinese (from Hong Kong) guy* at work. At the time I had mostly Asian coworkers (a mixd bag of asian people: Chinese, Filipino, Samoan). Anyway, this guy spent like 20 minutes flirting with me, and tried to go for the insta-date and asked me to go to lunch right then. So after the epic conversation my co-workers were like "oh what were you guys talking about." And I just said we were shooting the breeze and he asked me out. They were like wow, Asian guys usually aren't so forward!

It was funny, here these guys were stereotyping themselves. It is almost like there are no "forward" Asian role models. So if you aren't finding a role model in your own ethnic group, pick someone else!

*He was totally cute, but I was too chicken at the time to go out with a stranger! Back in my 20s, I liked to only go out with people I had met a few times, so this guy got rejected because I had only talked to him once. Should have said yes! But I grew up in the stranger danger generation.

Old 07-21-2014, 04:59 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC177 View Post
Haha, this is a question I'm legitimately interested in. I'm not trying to race-bait.
Doesn't matter. You didn't read the rules of this board as is required of new posters and you are likely to justifiably get banned for it.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:00 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,866,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecakecake View Post
I am Latino/White and have an Asian friend (Vietnamese) who gets all the ladies. I have no idea how he does it. His game is always on point.
I knew this one Vietnamese guy who was a super mack! His latin dance game was on. One of the best salsa/merengue/bachata/samba dancers I have ever met. He even taught ballroom dance in his spare time. He racked up, because you know that most of us women cannot resist a good dancer!

Old 07-21-2014, 05:20 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,036 times
Black and Latino men probably don't do all that much better.

I mean, yea, the hot ones and rappers with attitude and $ can get Kim K and stuff, but I really don't think the average white woman is attracted to the average black guy or the little Mexican guy who fixes her roof.

Shallow world. Deal with it.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:23 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,689,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC177 View Post
Well some Asian men have no clue whether you're interested so they just don't approach
Neither do white, black or Latino guys. If you don't have the guts to ask someone out then you're out of luck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
It was funny, here these guys were stereotyping themselves. It is almost like there are no "forward" Asian role models. So if you aren't finding a role model in your own ethnic group, pick someone else!
Yep, or else realize a huge reason women aren't dating you is because you're not asking them out
No matter what ethnicity (and arguably...gender) - if you want something you have to ask for it.

Old 07-21-2014, 05:35 PM

9 posts, read 15,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eazine View Post
Neither do white, black or Latino guys. If you don't have the guts to ask someone out then you're out of luck...

Yep, or else realize a huge reason women aren't dating you is because you're not asking them out
No matter what ethnicity (and arguably...gender) - if you want something you have to ask for it.
I'll keep that advice in mind!

Old 07-21-2014, 05:36 PM

120 posts, read 118,176 times
Quote:
I knew this one Vietnamese guy who was a super mack! His latin dance game was on. One of the best salsa/merengue/bachata/samba dancers I have ever met. He even taught ballroom dance in his spare time. He racked up, because you know that most of us women cannot resist a good dancer!
It doesn't take much. I don't know why the white guys aren't willing to try this?

Old 07-21-2014, 05:40 PM

120 posts, read 118,176 times
Quote:
I'll go ahead and tell you about let's say 3 "asian" guys I knew in college who were very popular with all types of women:

1. Chinese guy: he was cute in a hipster way (this was pre-hipster in the 90s), stylish with cool glasses. He was also friendly and outgoing. About half of the women I knew, asian, white, black or otherwise all found him attractive.
2. Sri Lankan guy: He was just classically attractive, albeit skinny build. He was smart, attentive, a perfect gentlemen and devoted friend. Basically he was an all-around good guy, and same story all sorts of ladies were always flirting with this quiet guy. He had an orbit of women who were trying to talk to this "shy guy." Black, white, asian, etc. He ended up in a long term relationship with a blonde Scandinavian girl so he was off the market during college (the holy grail!).
3. Indian guy: he was a cute, smart and outgoing engineer. I know an outgoing engineer doesn't actually exist. He went to parties (and did not drink) and spent the whole time dancing and having a good time. Everyone was attracted to his positive energy and dance skills. He was always having a good time....without alcohol! And sure enough everyone had a crush on him, and he dated the rainbow as I like to call it.

You want to attract these mythical white girls? Be a friendly and positive guy. Most women are attracted to that, no matter what their ethnicity is.
So true. It's all about how they come across, the energy they put out. All 3 of those guys sound cool (do you have their numbers? lol) Asian guys can be hot. Those shy white guys need to read this post, to see how it's done.

Old 07-21-2014, 06:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
I'm a white chick and dated an Asian man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships