Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 12:39 PM

416 posts, read 395,740 times

Advertisements

Since moving to a new city, I was recruited to play on a coed softball team since I'm pretty baller at sports

Well, there just happens to be this guy on the team that I am pretty attracted to.

The first problem is, one of the girls I met (and plays on the softball team as well) apparently is IN LOVE with this guy and has expressed her interest. He told her that he didn't see her as anything other than a friend. They haven't done anything - no dating, no kissing, no hooking up. However, they are like "best friends". They spend a lot of time together. But I still have this small mental block because if he is in fact interested, I don't want to her her.

Anyways...

This past Friday night, I was invited to go to a birthday party/get-together at a bar. When I got there, I saw that this guy (I'll call him Jason) was there. I said hello to everyone and when I went to say hey to him, I thought he was sticking out his hand to shake me (or high five, one or the other). So when I went to reach for his hand, he said "Oh no, I want a hug!!". So I went in and hugged him.

Later that night, we ended up talking for about an hour about sports. He works at a huge sports network and I'm one of the biggest sports fans. Plus, I was drinking so my competitive flirting nature comes out. We ended up making a bet that my batting average would be higher than his this season. I also told him that I could beat him in any sport, haha.

I didn't really make much of that interaction. But around 7 on Saturday, the girl that likes him texted me and another girl asking if we wanted to go to this bar for a little bit for some drinks. I agreed, got ready and headed there. As I was pulling into the parking lot, my friend called me asking where I was and if I made it there ok. I told her I did and said I was getting ready to walk in. I asked her who she was with so I knew who to look for and Jason happened to be one of them.

Jason and I didn't talk too much at first. There was this one point where he looked down at my foot and saw my tattoo and asked about it. I told him I had another one on my back and he joked "let me see it". Well, I had on a maxi dress so obviously that wasn't happening.

About an hour later, my friend needed to go home (she was going to the beach with her family and had to get up early) so Jason left to take her home and came up. The group became me, Jason, and 2 other friends. We were all standing in a circle talking and all of a sudden Jason goes "So, what's your story? Do you have a boyfriend?". I was a little taken back. I didn't expect him to just come out and ask that. I told him I did not have a boyfriend. He asked more questions like what I do for work and where I live. After about another hour, he suggested we all go to another bar.

We went to a bar that was more in the city. By this time, it was around 1 a.m. When we got to the bar, he sat down at the only seat that was at the bar and I went to the bathroom. When I came back, he quickly got up and gave me his chair and walked across the room to get one for himself. We didn't talk the whole time we were sitting next to each other, but our arms were touching.

As it got closer to 2 a.m., our group dwindled to just me, him and his friend Rachel. Rachel had been hanging out with us all night and I'm assuming really liked my company, so she pulled up the contacts in her phone and slide her phone over to me to put my number in. Well, Jason followed her phone with his. Shortly after that, we headed home.

Then, yesterday at work, I got a group email from Jason inviting everyone to go bowling for $1 bowling night. I also got a second email asking everyone to confirm whether or not they would be at the game on Wednesday. I responded to the bowling email first, saying I'd be there and that he should probably list a location for those of us that haven't been there before. Then I responded to the softball game email saying "Andddddd I'm in here too". Apparently he didn't get my first email about bowling because he responded to my softball email and said "Are you in somewhere else too??".

Bowling was fun. Him and I played on the same lane. I personally thought there was flirting going on, but I'm really bad at this whole flirting and dating thing since I've been out of the game for a while. My first 2 turns were gutter balls. He joked "the next gutter ball you throw, you have to remove an article of clothing". We started flirting a little bit more as the game went on. He would go to high five me and I would do a "fake out" and he would laugh and kind of poke at me (if that makes sense).

What do you guys think?

I'm SO bad at reading signs. My friends say he definitely seems interested but I'm Debbie Downer over here and think "Nah". He is 34 so I hope that the "games" of the typical 20-sum year old isn't a factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2014, 12:42 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Yes, I think he is interested in you.

Keep doing what you're doing because it's working.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:44 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Sounds like he is interested! Next time you talk to him, ask him what he is up to over the weekend.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:48 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,671,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjess1951 View Post
He joked "the next gutter ball you throw, you have to remove an article of clothing".
I can guarantee this line doesn't come up with conversations with people who are just friends.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
I can guarantee this line doesn't come up with conversations with people who are just friends.
Well, I also don't want this to be a line that only comes up with someone who only wants sex - because that isn't what I'm looking for.

If it was a flirty joke, that is one thing. If it is him showing that he's only into it sexually, then no thanks.

Old 07-22-2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Sounds like he is interested! Next time you talk to him, ask him what he is up to over the weekend.
He is out of town this weekend. I heard him say that last night

Old 07-22-2014, 01:14 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,108,604 times
He sounds into you to me! It sounds like you guys run in the same circle and there is a lot of potential for you two to be in the same place. I would just be open and friendly with him and see if he suggests something just you two. Hope things work out for you!

Old 07-22-2014, 01:42 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Yes, it sounds like he is into you. With regard to the other girl who is interested -- did you get all of that information from her?

Old 07-22-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Yes, it sounds like he is into you. With regard to the other girl who is interested -- did you get all of that information from her?
No, the information I received was from her BFF. Apparently she expressed interest in him and he told her he only saw her as a friend. So she settled for the female bestie (even though she is basically in love with him) and he gets advice from her on dating and what does she think about this girl, etc.

I feel bad, because shes a really sweet girl and I do consider her somewhat of a friend (as much of a friend as she can be in the time I've known her). But she also doesn't know that I know these things. Her friend told me behind her back.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:58 PM

1,724 posts, read 1,602,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjess1951 View Post
Well, I also don't want this to be a line that only comes up with someone who only wants sex - because that isn't what I'm looking for.

If it was a flirty joke, that is one thing. If it is him showing that he's only into it sexually, then no thanks.
It was flirting for sure.

ALL guys are thinking of sex if they like a woman, (well most, there are a couple topics that say otherwise) but it doesn't mean that's *all* they want, we're just made that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships