Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 12:48 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Was he like this before you got married?
I dont know. I only knew him for a month before getting married. Arranged marriage (South Asian culture).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 12:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,154,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I dont know. I only knew him for a month before getting married. Arranged marriage (South Asian culture).
Well, that makes things a lot more difficult. Do you love each other or are you just together because it is expected of you? The silent treatment is not a way to handle problems. Like I said before - in order for the relationship to work - you both have to put in the effort. I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Well, that makes things a lot more difficult. Do you love each other or are you just together because it is expected of you? The silent treatment is not a way to handle problems. Like I said before - in order for the relationship to work - you both have to put in the effort. I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this.
I do love him; of course I get upset about some of the personality traits but he can be very thoughtful; a rock in my family. I think he loves me too, though I am not 100% sure because why would someone who loves the other person frequently yell? But my girl friend tells me that men yell at only those who are very dear to them (as in venting out) as there is no one else.

But one thing is for sure, unless something drastically goes wrong (like physical abuse or he is having an affair), I will not be leaving him.

I am looking at a few counselors right now. Hopefully i will get an appointment with a few and see what fits me best.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:58 PM

Someone mentioned passive/aggressive. That's exactly what he is. A few weeks ago, he got my name tattooed on his hand. Big one. that night before we were in a fight. I feel so confused at this behavior. Loves me or does he not?

Old 07-24-2014, 01:04 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,099,118 times
Men who love their partner do not yell at or put her down - or make the partner feel as if everything is her fault. Your friend is wrong.

You need some counselling whether or not he is willing to go with you and you need it now. I can tell you from experience that his behavior is not acceptable and will most likely escalate. Please seek the services of a therapist as soon as possible. You also need to learn what services are available to you should you need.

I hope your husband is doing chores around the house on his time off from his job - at the very least is taking care of his daughter.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Men who love their partner do not yell at or put her down - or make the partner feel as if everything is her fault. Your friend is wrong.

You need some counselling whether or not he is willing to go with you and you need it now. I can tell you from experience that his behavior is not acceptable and will most likely escalate. Please seek the services of a therapist as soon as possible. You also need to learn what services are available to you should you need.

I hope your husband is doing chores around the house on his time off from his job - at the very least is taking care of his daughter.
Yes, I am looking at some counseling options. He does the chores and is a wonderful dad to my DD.
he cooks often and does help me clean up. He takes care of my car and other things. He loves my dad and they keep in touch all the time (dislikes my mom). Sent me flowers one day saying i am a good mom and a good wife. Next day, he said I am good for nothing. When I asked him about it later (he walked away after saying that), he denied ever saying that.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:10 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,448,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
please see my response below.

See what happens is, when I get upset with something I try to tell him that I am upset with this. Then, he twists it around in a way that it becomes my mistake. We were at a drive thru- a fast food joint like KFC. He wanted ice-cream or something and I wanted coffee. I told him (he was driving), that i want coffee, can you pleas ask them for it. He said, since they didnt advertise it on borad, they wouldnt have it. maybe it was my mistake but I said, its a fast food place and they have cool drinks, maybe they will have coffee. He go so angry and drove really fast, screeching the tires and scaring me and DD.
When I told him whats wrong in asking, just asking. He started yelling saying I have no common sense. I mean, its a restaurant. Its not like I am asking for coffee at a shoe store. So according to him, I am the reason he gets angry and so i deserve to be yelled at.

LOL. You made me google if KFC serves coffee. Apparently they do! Just not in US. Are you in US? Are you giving him enough sexy time? Gosh you know, I really feel you. My husband earned his grumpy old jackass nickname because he can really be short tempered like your husband for the SILLIEST things!

There are times I've just had it and leave him for a day or 2 and miraculously he is calm again. In my case, when he is in his grumpy mood, I honestly just ignore him. I just find it a waste of time to let his mood affect my mood. Most of the time he's back to normal.

He's also like your husband. When I remind he told something he denies he said it. It's like they were possessed that they don't know what they were doing when they're in the bad mood.

It can be headache inducing but I believe we both are still here because when our husbands are good they're REALLLLY good. Right?

Old 07-24-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
LOL. You made me google if KFC serves coffee. Apparently they do! Just not in US. Are you in US? Are you giving him enough sexy time? Gosh you know, I really feel you. My husband earned his grumpy old jackass nickname because he can really be short tempered like your husband for the SILLIEST things!

There are times I've just had it and leave him for a day or 2 and miraculously he is calm again. In my case, when he is in his grumpy mood, I honestly just ignore him. I just find it a waste of time to let his mood affect my mood. Most of the time he's back to normal.

He's also like your husband. When I remind he told something he denies he said it. It's like they were possessed that they don't know what they were doing when they're in the bad mood.

It can be headache inducing but I believe we both are still here because when our husbands are good they're REALLLLY good. Right?
Actually, it just occurred to me that I just use google to find out if the place sells coffee, turns out it does! Its Wendy's! We are neighbours. We live in Canada. they just didnt have all that they sell on their drive-thru menu

You are right, he can be REALLY good. he is also like yours. I dont know if he genuinely forgets what he says when he is angry or he is just pretending.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:20 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,379,099 times
He is dumping on you
The tragedy is like most dumpers he can't see he is dumping on someone he loves
This is a gender less blindness that does great harm

Old 07-24-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
He is dumping on you
I am sorry, did you mean he is trying to divorce me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships