Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 05:27 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,330,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I look at him until we make eye contact and once that happens I smile slightly and look down or away like I am shy, or embarrassed that he caught me staring. Works like a charm! I think it's disarming, and gives him the idea that I am approachable. Like it's his idea to come over and talk to me. LOL
That technique works on me all the time- it's alluring
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 10:25 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF View Post
I don't do anything, because, I never flirt.I am non-flirty type of guy.
I have two questions though.

1. Are you a flirty type of person, I mean naturally, by nature are you like that?
My normal personality is friendly and bubbly. People generally feel at ease around me. I am the person that random people with talk about their life secrets with a few minutes after meeting. I get a little bit more reserved around people I am attracted to. But on the scheme of things my reserved is pretty outgoing.

My normal inclination is to be a little bit touchy, but I generally make a concerted effort to turn it off until the lines/rules are established with someone.

Quote:
2. Why must you flirt? why should you or why do you want to? do you feel obliged to do so?
Flirting is a fun thing to do. It is a way to interact with people. Flirting doesn't mean dropping suggestive lines in the conversation, it is all about making a conversation enjoyable and connecting with someone else. Flirting also helps with intent, if you want it too. So people can discern friendly vs interested.

Quote:
In my view flirting is absolutely unnecessary, if you are a true person and if you not flirty by nature then I would suggest you just be yourself, and leave it to others to decide if they want to approach you or not, there is no need to change into someone or be different than who you are, it's not a good thing.

If I was in your place, I will never flirt, I would rather face the consequences rather than changing myself, so it's up to you to decide, what's best for you.

However,

If you are naturally flirty or as a person if you are like that then I don't have anything to say because I am not like that.
I really don't understand what you mean here. How is "flirting" changing you as a person. How is putting yourself in a position to be noticed not being true.

There is an old adage about making your own luck. But as someone mentioned in another thread, our mating dance has rules and gender roles. Men choose and women put themselves in a position to be chosen.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:06 AM
SF

286 posts, read 324,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
I really don't understand what you mean here. How is "flirting" changing you as a person. How is putting yourself in a position to be noticed not being true.

It all depends from person to person, how they look at flirting from their point of view, according to me, there are three categories of people here.

1. One who are naturally flirty, flirting comes naturally to them, they are like that, that's who they are.

2. People who in normal circumstances don't flirt but will only if they see an opportunity or if they want to get noticed but they don't do it for fun

3. Who never flirt, by choice, they are non-flirty.

Of course there can be many more categories.

So what I said was in general , I don't know what kind of person you are, I don't know if you are among the 3 categories I have mentioned or you are someone different, I don't know so I just said that normally.

What I meant to say was if flirting is not a part of your personality and if you are not like that as a person then you don't have to change into a flirty person for any purpose, you see that is also a change , anything other then being your natural self is a change,

It may not apply to you, you may disagree with this, it's okay.

I don't know how to explain further as I never flirt so I don't have much to say here, if it doesn't apply to you, just leave it.

Quote:
There is an old adage about making your own luck. But as someone mentioned in another thread, our mating dance has rules and gender roles. Men choose and women put themselves in a position to be chosen.

Of course there is nothing wrong in making your own luck, true but not all can do that, not all are capable of doing that, one has to be brave to do that.

Hence,

If that's you believe then it's okay, however I don't believe in that, I am not sure but I think it can be both ways, and not one sided as you had mentioned .

Hence it's your decision after all, nothing wrong if you believe in what you say.

Last edited by SF; 07-23-2014 at 12:28 PM..

Old 07-23-2014, 12:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
actually its the other way around, the women do the choosing, its the men that put themselves into position to be chosen. remember sex for women is a choice, they can choose to have it or not, and who they have it with. for men its a chore, in that we have to work the woman to get her to choose us.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
things are looking up already.

yeah, i still cant find the notes.

it was just blood

by the way, you have now been marked as mine for life
I know Right!

Haha, you need to go to the eye doctor's.

Lol with blood?That's creepy.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamathman View Post
You ladies make such a simple thing so difficult.

For MOST men eye contact and a smile is ALL that is needed.

If he is into you he will respond with eye contact, a hello or a smile back.

If he isn't then he won't respond.

That simple.

If he doesn't make his move to talk to you after you do what I said above...... then he is not what you are looking for.

Eye contact....smile.....lingering for a few seconds.

Will get you want you want most of the time.
Eye contact, head to toe assessment, blush when caught, laugh to self, and look again.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:42 PM

Quote:
actually its the other way around, the women do the choosing, its the men that put themselves into position to be chosen. remember sex for women is a choice, they can choose to have it or not, and who they have it with. for men its a chore, in that we have to work the woman to get her to choose us.
Do a rain dance.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I know Right!

Quote:
Haha, you need to go to the eye doctor's.
ok, but oyu are going to have to find my eyes for me, i misplaced them, again

Quote:
Lol with blood?That's creepy.
hey, it works!

Quote:
Do a rain dance.
i cant, i have two quantum feet.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:

ok, but oyu are going to have to find my eyes for me, i misplaced them, again

hey, it works!

i cant, i have two quantum feet.
You lost your glasses! Good lord.

Do you quantum leap too?

Old 07-23-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
You lost your glasses! Good lord.
no not my glasses, my eyes.

Quote:
Do you quantum leap too?
nope, tried that once, tripped and ended up somewhere in the grand canyon.

again because of my quantum feet. they can be either left, or right, or left and right at the same time, which means they are confused on a regular basis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships