Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:40 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times

Advertisements

Be happy it's just blushing and not a different kind of reaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 11:04 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,360,429 times
You just haven't worked up to being as comfortable as you can be around the opposite sex. Thats all.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:12 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
[quote=Adi from the Brunswicks;35773863]Geez, I don't know why these feelings arise. As a religious ascetic, this behavior should be non existent within my blood. Why am I always wired to react this way to women on first sight. I have tried to get rid of it through isolated meditation to god, but its not helping.

Deep down, I have a nice heart. But its stupid qualities like this that mask all the better stuff about me.

And NO, I am NOT getting a tan to satisfy girls . I WILL NEVER ACCEPT being used as a sex slave, alright.[/quote]

hahaha, try it, you might like it

Just kidding.

Work your way up - practice talking with older women first or some that are really nice. Work your way up to the hotties.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:20 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,629,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I blush a lot while talking to women of my age under informal settings. Why is that, what could be causing this and how can I overcome ? I am a fairly confident and reasonably well educated person, but this keeps happening to me. It also gives a very wrong impression about my attitude. Tell me how to bridge the gap. This is a very big problem for me at the moment. I MUST EXTERMINATE this blushing behavior ASAP.
You are not alone, it has been happening to me since I was a kid and believe me I stoppped being a kid a long long time ago. Just try your best to keep your composure, maybe practice in front of the mirror or record yourself and then evaluate your expressions. A beautiful woman weakens me every time but I have learned to manage my demeanor and my reaction so I don't look stupid, I am too old for.that.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Probably because you've indicated in other threads that you have your life segregated into "school first, then work, THEN relationship" as if they cannot overlap.

Allow yourself to interact more with women in all kinds of situations and you will relax.

Also, the more you worry about it, the worse the blushing will get.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:13 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
I blush a lot while talking to women of my age under informal settings. Why is that, what could be causing this and how can I overcome ? I am a fairly confident and reasonably well educated person, but this keeps happening to me. It also gives a very wrong impression about my attitude. Tell me how to bridge the gap. This is a very big problem for me at the moment. I MUST EXTERMINATE this blushing behavior ASAP.
It's okay, you are not alone. A lot of women I talk to have this same problem when talking to me. When they talk to my friends or anyone else they keep normal.

What gives???

Old 07-25-2014, 12:14 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Work your way up - practice talking with older women first or some that are really nice. Work your way up to the hotties.
I actually have much better conversations with women in their 40's than those in my range (20-25 years). When I don't percieve too much physical beauty, I tend to do an amazing job at having a direct 1:1 conversation.

Its only certain figures that make me blush (Mostly tall and athletic hourglass figures with light tans who leave me daydreaming ). If only I had the courage to approach up front without blushing.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 07-25-2014 at 12:24 PM..

Old 07-25-2014, 02:39 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
I actually have much better conversations with women in their 40's than those in my range (20-25 years). When I don't percieve too much physical beauty, I tend to do an amazing job at having a direct 1:1 conversation.

Its only certain figures that make me blush (Mostly tall and athletic hourglass figures with light tans who leave me daydreaming ). If only I had the courage to approach up front without blushing.
Actually, do not worry about the blush. You wear that blush with pride. They might actually be flattered and it could make their day.

The only reason you shouldn't talk to someone you are interested in is if you have something else going on (which could be anything).

Last edited by TJenkins602; 07-25-2014 at 02:51 PM..

Old 07-25-2014, 02:46 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Can you map your thought process? You can change your thought pattern, but that will take time. In the mean time, I've heard preparation H stops the blushing because it constricts the blood flow.

Or just go with it. Lots of people blush.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:30 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,021 times
I feel your pain. I blush in 50% of conversations. I just can't make small talk or speeches without getting uncomfortable unless it's about fishing or websites. I'm married, but I get beet red when speaking with a handsome man. I've thought about a public speaking group. If I could talk to 10 people, I should also be able to talk to one confidently...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships