Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 08:13 AM

734 posts, read 1,082,189 times

Advertisements

i think i am going to have to block this guy's number. we met in 2012, we were fwb. everything was cool until he just started acting like a giant ass. about 6 months ago, i told him i don't want to see him anymore and he fussed me out over text. he texted me so many times that day i had to turn my phone off. i didn't hear from him for months after that, but lo and behold, he has started up again. he works out of town alot and every time he comes back into town, he starts back with the texting like crazy. i keep telling him that it's not going to happen but he just won't move on. ignoring his texts doesn't work, he just keeps texting. yesterday he called 5 times in a row. if i block his number, will he know it? will he get some kind of message that says "this person has blocked you." LOL. i am just scared that if he knows i blocked his number, he will start doing crazy sh*t. i wish i had never met him.

it's funny how he was treating me like crap, acting like he didn't want to be bothered but as soon as i tell him i don't want him anymore, he acts like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 08:19 AM

48 posts, read 50,351 times
You'll be fine if you block him, he'll never know that's what you did unless you tell him so. There are no notifications or anything for the other party.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:21 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I will never understand why someone who LIKES you treats you like crap. Seems really common. SMH

Tell him: What we had will never be again and please stop contacting me because you're scaring me.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:22 AM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
If you block him, he won't be getting a reply so he is likely to think you are really ignoring him (or he could conclude you blocked him).

If you think that won't be enough to deter him, then you may need to file a report of harassment, or seek a stay away order/order of protection.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:24 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I think it's only right to ask him to stop contacting you first.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:40 AM

2,211 posts, read 2,616,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post
i think i am going to have to block this guy's number. we met in 2012, we were fwb. everything was cool until he just started acting like a giant ass. about 6 months ago, i told him i don't want to see him anymore and he fussed me out over text. he texted me so many times that day i had to turn my phone off. i didn't hear from him for months after that, but lo and behold, he has started up again. he works out of town alot and every time he comes back into town, he starts back with the texting like crazy. i keep telling him that it's not going to happen but he just won't move on. ignoring his texts doesn't work, he just keeps texting. yesterday he called 5 times in a row. if i block his number, will he know it? will he get some kind of message that says "this person has blocked you." LOL. i am just scared that if he knows i blocked his number, he will start doing crazy sh*t. i wish i had never met him.

it's funny how he was treating me like crap, acting like he didn't want to be bothered but as soon as i tell him i don't want him anymore, he acts like this.
Since you already made it clear it is over with him, I think you are beyond just blocking his phone number, perhaps a restraining order might be in line?

Old 07-24-2014, 08:45 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
In case there is any confusion on his part about mixed messages or whatever, send him one firm text that tells him clearly that you do not wish to ever speak to him again and for him to never contact you. Then block him and stick to it. If he continues to pursue you, ignore him and escalate to an order of protection if you feel threatened.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:30 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Tell him you no longer want to have contact with him. nothing more, nothing less.
Then block his contacts

Old 07-24-2014, 09:34 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored chick View Post

I have a free app on my phone (used it on Android and iPhone) called YouMail, and you can "block" calls, which are then played a certain message. The one I picked is the recording of a real out-of-service message: "DOO-DEE-DEE, this Verizon number is no longer in service." It really works.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:47 AM

14,375 posts, read 18,374,578 times
Look, you already told this guy you didn't want to see him again. Do you have any records of you asking him to leave you alone? If not, send him a text that says you don't want to hear from him again and that you will contact the police. The second he sends you something further, you go to the cops for a restraining order. Take the records with you of his previous messages and whatnot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships