Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 07:51 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,914,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am only 25 and have never been in what I'd call a LTR, nor am I even thinking about it at this stage. There's nothing odd or unusual about it. You're 27.. What's the rush? Date as many women as you'd like, have fun!
You're at at a great age, you're free... Enjoy!
I thought op was female! Sheesh!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 08:03 AM

3,667 posts, read 6,560,751 times
When I met my wife I honestly didn't care if I was her first, fiftieth or whatever relationship, I just hoped I'd be her last (so far, so good). People let too many other factors influence their self worth, don't be one of them. When the right person materializes in front of you none of this will matter.

And for whatever it's worth these days, I think waiting until your mid-twenties before sleeping with someone is not only okay, it's admirable.

Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,266,178 times
Reasons why I think there are probably more male late bloomers or FA's than female late bloomers, FA's, as in people 25+ years of age who have never been in a relationship, or still a virgin, I feel these 2 reasons combine: 1. Guys are still expected to initiate and approach, ask out, so that means for guys its literally a matter of skill, a matter of knowing how to get a date and relationship, sex, etc. For girls its not a matter of knowing how, because whoever is dealt with the role, card of being the one to go after something and win it over, attract it, its going to require skills, knowing how, obviously Michael Jordan had to practice a lot in order to become great at Basketball. Since girls are passive and don't have to initiate, they don't need to literally know how to get a date relationship, sex. It just happens out of thin air for them. 2. The other reason is because women are valued for their youth more than men are, because evolutionary speaking, men are hard-wired to be attracted to young youthful women because it indicates fertility, men evolved to be attracted to women that had the highest potential to bear children, so women have loads of options with the opposite sex when they are in their late teens and throughout their 20s, yes even though they take a passive role and that means they are not literally going after what they want, the fact that they have so many options with guys when they are young means out of all those guys that approached them first, asked them out first and initiated with them, even though the majority of them were guys they did not want, obviously some of those guys were guys in which their was mutual attraction for each other, so that's why I feel girls are less prone than guys are to being late bloomers or FA's

Old 07-30-2014, 09:09 AM
SF

286 posts, read 323,982 times
Default 27, never had a relationship = general turn off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJG87 View Post
I have no problems making new friends (especially platonic ones, it seems), but when it comes to expressing interest/desire in someone I find attractive...I don't really know how to do so without a serious amount of apprehension and anxiety. I usually think I'm being rude, imposing or a creeper if I want to tell someone I like them and find them attractive. Sometimes I think I'm doing it too soon, have waited too long or should even bother at all.

I don't know why I do this, as I seem to bond with people and form solid friendships without any problems or friction. I'm a generally likeable person and I'm always told by friends I'm attractive, funny and a pleasure to be around so I know I have that going for me....I'm just unsure of what else is missing here, maybe just initiative/confidence.

Also, if it matters, Fun Fact: I did not start dating or having sex until I was 25, two years ago.

Thanks!

No, It's not a turn off,but if may ask, does it bother you, in my view it shouldn't bother you, you seem to be okay to me, so it shouldn't be problem for you. You are not much older then me , I am single, I have always been ,but I am not bothered about because I am self aware of myself, so in my view, you should just be yourself and then wait and see what happens.

It seems you are putting effort as well here , so don't worry about it, be positive.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:05 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,266,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Reasons why I think there are probably more male late bloomers or FA's than female late bloomers, FA's, as in people 25+ years of age who have never been in a relationship, or still a virgin, I feel these 2 reasons combine: 1. Guys are still expected to initiate and approach, ask out, so that means for guys its literally a matter of skill, a matter of knowing how to get a date and relationship, sex, etc. For girls its not a matter of knowing how, because whoever is dealt with the role, card of being the one to go after something and win it over, attract it, its going to require skills, knowing how, obviously Michael Jordan had to practice a lot in order to become great at Basketball. Since girls are passive and don't have to initiate, they don't need to literally know how to get a date relationship, sex. It just happens out of thin air for them. 2. The other reason is because women are valued for their youth more than men are, because evolutionary speaking, men are hard-wired to be attracted to young youthful women because it indicates fertility, men evolved to be attracted to women that had the highest potential to bear children, so women have loads of options with the opposite sex when they are in their late teens and throughout their 20s, yes even though they take a passive role and that means they are not literally going after what they want, the fact that they have so many options with guys when they are young means out of all those guys that approached them first, asked them out first and initiated with them, even though the majority of them were guys they did not want, obviously some of those guys were guys in which their was mutual attraction for each other, so that's why I feel girls are less prone than guys are to being late bloomers or FA's
But at the same time people argue that for every girl that has a boyfriend that guy has a girlfriend but yet studies have shown that women are more picky than men are, they have to be due to evolution
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships