Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2015, 09:30 PM

479 posts, read 431,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
That doesn't strike me as game-playing. It sounds like she has options and she chose to pursue a different one...
Yeah, this... sounds most reasonable. You don't KNOW this woman is playing games with you, you only THINK you know that she is. Whenever I'm troubled and annoyed by someone else's behavior, I look within. Chances are the things that drive me the most nuts about others are the things I am guilty of doing myself. Yeah, I self-check me, my attitude, etc, on those occasions. Something to think about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2015, 09:53 PM

896 posts, read 1,476,436 times
Classic discussion!!

Woman - POF is awesome! I became a serial dater on there!!

Man - POF is horrific. I sent 300 messages and got 1 reply from a fat chick

Woman - POF is wonderful! I got 300 messages in 1 day!!

Let me know if you see a pattern

Old 06-24-2015, 09:57 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestOne1 View Post
Classic discussion!!

Woman - POF is awesome! I became a serial dater on there!!

Man - POF is horrific. I sent 300 messages and got 1 reply from a fat chick

Woman - POF is wonderful! I got 300 messages in 1 day!!

Let me know if you see a pattern
That that fat chick is busy writing messages?

Old 06-24-2015, 10:02 PM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Old 06-25-2015, 02:04 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,660,881 times
I have had more dates from POF then all the other sites combined. Not sure why, but it works. With that said. Its a numbers game, and that makes it a beat. People still lie about age, post old pics, etc. Finding a person that is compattable is difficult, the biggest thing is finding a woman with funny, outgoing personality. I have actuallys switched to only trying to meet women in sales. Im in sales, and I know at the least the should have a out going personality.
After 2 months and numerous dates, Im about to take a break. FYI. Im not that picky but I have to have a person that can carry on a good conversation.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:22 PM

304 posts, read 344,081 times
The men definitely outnumber the women on POF. It's difficult to find a down to earth, good person on there. I would text a bit, then send my number. If she was interested we would talk for a bit and set something up.

I met my wife on there, we texted one day, talked the next, met the following day. We started officially dating a week later. I was honestly ready to give up on the site. I was going to cancel it out, just got burned out on it. We cancelled it at the same time.

Old 06-25-2015, 02:53 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,468,466 times
Met my wife on POF. We've been married going on three years now. Just had our baby back in October. I did eHarmony and Match.com. No luck on either one of those sites.

Funny thing is, since POF was free, I used it as a "training" site to improve my profile for the paid sites. I suppose I thought the better quality women were on match or eHarmony. Glad I don't have to do that stuff anymore!

Old 06-25-2015, 02:59 PM

371 posts, read 543,443 times
maybe I should sign back on POF then! Match has been so-so and OKC has been meh.....

Old 06-25-2015, 07:31 PM

356 posts, read 365,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Even the big girls turn me down lol

Old 06-25-2015, 08:20 PM

44 posts, read 30,130 times
I've tried dating sites, including Pof and my biggest issue was that 99% of the guys were not able to engage in interesting conversation. Most of the initial msgs just say "hi"... but what really irritated me was after we've been talking for a while, the next day or so you are still msging me "hi". It was extremely rare that I found a guy with interesting or humorous conversation or even a guy than could reply with more than 1 or 2 words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships