Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 12:57 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times

Advertisements

Most of the women I chat with and meet are from POF which is why I have it listed as my number #1 site.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 10:56 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
POF and OKCupid are good mostly for getting laid with relative ease. A disproportionate amount of girls I've met online and banged on the first "date" were from those two sites. That's not to say that match isn't without it's sleaze BUT with Match it's been about 50/50. Girls I meet off the two former it's pretty much a guarantee that first date will end in sex. In some cases it doesn't end with sex but begins with sex haha.

I live in the upstate of SC to give you an idea of my social demographic.

1. Match - offers pretty much all the quality girls. Although I've noticed it has begun to fester with some undesirables. Many of these girls already have a pretty solid social circle and I'm convinced are using Match more often than not to either a. Find a guy who fits what they want to a T or just trying to see how many messages they can get to bolster their self esteem.

2. POF - HAD a decent balance of good and bad. Has slipped to now about 75% bad, 25% good. The problem on POF is girls both good and bad are very short with their profiles. Aside from the required questionnaire style information and a picture most of them don't put much info or effort into their profiles. This has led me to believe that POF is simply a hook up site. At least it's free though.

3. OKcupid - A LOT of fat older women with kids or skinny older women missing their front teeth......with kids. You get the occasional girl with a BA or higher, no kids and is pretty cute BUT I'm sure she gets bombarded with messages and gives up sadly. Ironically the girls off OKCupid I've gone out with, slept with, or dated for a minute or two are the ones whose match% is less than 50. Any girl with a match% over 80% I write and never hear from. Kinda odd.

I don't get this..so many women complain about the pervs on the sites that just look for sex, yet guys like you that are obviously just looking for sex get exactly that. I would say at least 1 out of 2 profiles I read the women specifically state right off the bat in their profile they are not looking for quick sex. Guys like me that write respectful letters to these exact women, that say they aren't looking for pervs, never get responded to.

I'll never get online dating in a million years. It makes me want to pull my hair out. I'm a normal in shape guy with no kids, and I specifically state in my profile I'm looking for a woman that is active yet the only women that respond to me are big women, WTH.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 06-27-2015 at 11:12 AM..

Old 06-27-2015, 01:48 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,892,503 times
I did POF on and off for a few years. I actually meant someone right away after emailing. We never even chatted on phone, just randomly met. He was nice but there was no connection. I met a few others but no sparks.

If I wasn't interested I usually said so but not always, in other cases I would avoid meeting them or taking a few days to contact me hoping they'd get the hint. Some did. If I was interested and they mentioned meeting I wanted to meet soon after because why waste time? If they didn't mention meeting I assumed they weren't interested.

Most online dating is a waste of time.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:36 PM

7,991 posts, read 5,386,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post

So we exchanged messages back and forth for like 20-30 mins then she offers her phone number asking if i wanted to call her. I was late like 11:15 I said thanks for the number but kind of late to call and start a conversation ...
I think this is where she lost interest. That would have been a turn off for me. I offer my phone number, offer you to call...then poof you say it is too late--but you have been already talking to be for 20-30 minutes.

Old 06-28-2015, 09:31 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiGi603 View Post
I think this is where she lost interest. That would have been a turn off for me. I offer my phone number, offer you to call...then poof you say it is too late--but you have been already talking to be for 20-30 minutes.
Well he could be old and falling asleep.Or hiding something?

Old 06-28-2015, 11:46 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,498,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxiegal View Post
What? You are on all of those sites?...and NOT AFF?
Duh. Because he doesn't have to "pay to play", so to speak.

That is your look into the "fairer" gender. Sad, no? Yeah.

Old 06-29-2015, 01:50 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,527,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillebuckeye View Post
POF and OKCupid are good mostly for getting laid with relative ease. A disproportionate amount of girls I've met online and banged on the first "date" were from those two sites. That's not to say that match isn't without it's sleaze BUT with Match it's been about 50/50. Girls I meet off the two former it's pretty much a guarantee that first date will end in sex. In some cases it doesn't end with sex but begins with sex haha.

I live in the upstate of SC to give you an idea of my social demographic.

1. Match - offers pretty much all the quality girls. Although I've noticed it has begun to fester with some undesirables. Many of these girls already have a pretty solid social circle and I'm convinced are using Match more often than not to either a. Find a guy who fits what they want to a T or just trying to see how many messages they can get to bolster their self esteem.

2. POF - HAD a decent balance of good and bad. Has slipped to now about 75% bad, 25% good. The problem on POF is girls both good and bad are very short with their profiles. Aside from the required questionnaire style information and a picture most of them don't put much info or effort into their profiles. This has led me to believe that POF is simply a hook up site. At least it's free though.

3. OKcupid - A LOT of fat older women with kids or skinny older women missing their front teeth......with kids. You get the occasional girl with a BA or higher, no kids and is pretty cute BUT I'm sure she gets bombarded with messages and gives up sadly. Ironically the girls off OKCupid I've gone out with, slept with, or dated for a minute or two are the ones whose match% is less than 50. Any girl with a match% over 80% I write and never hear from. Kinda odd.

So you are basically sleeping with all this "bad" women. How nice of you

Old 06-29-2015, 02:11 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Duh. Because he doesn't have to "pay to play", so to speak.

That is your look into the "fairer" gender. Sad, no? Yeah.
I was bein' facetious...j/t

Old 06-29-2015, 02:55 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,607,850 times
I did OLD for a brief period last summer, met the man I'm currently off and on with, and stopped. When it was new, I was like a kid in a candy store. Now I look on there every once in a while and I'm unimpressed. It could be because I'm just not interested in anyone right now, but it seems to me like OLD sites are all about timing and location.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:22 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,680,037 times
I think people are becoming more jaded with the OLD experience these days. OLD, and the internet in general, has changed the way we interact with people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships