Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 04:26 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,650,496 times

Advertisements

Since we're discussing online dating so much today, I thought I'd ask. When I was OLD, I saw this statement over and over in men's profile. One guy even said, "I don't have a lot of time for stupidity".

What?

What does that even mean? Please explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 04:37 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
He will split at the first hint of any trouble without taking any responsibility especially if he caused it.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:40 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,569,981 times
"Do not ever, under any circumstances, show strong emotion, particularly of the negative variety.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:42 PM

898 posts, read 937,676 times
Getting overly emotional about nothing significant. Desire to be controlling. Jealousy. Infidelity.

These are the sort of things I associate with drama and relationships.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:44 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Since we're discussing online dating so much today, I thought I'd ask. When I was OLD, I saw this statement over and over in men's profile. One guy even said, "I don't have a lot of time for stupidity".

What?

What does that even mean? Please explain.

Read through the threads here that has you and everyone shaking their head and wondering why whatever question had to be asked.

That is what "No Drama" means

Old 07-25-2014, 04:50 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,994,484 times
I don't ask for "drama free" women in my profile, because a woman who has there life relatively straightened out will not have any unnecessary problems that can't be handled themselves.

IMO, I think drama is defined by the individual, but here's some things that my be considered drama that myself or other men may define as such:

Kids. This might be a hot button for people in general, and you can specifically mention that you are not looking to date single mothers in your profile, but having kids can create unnecessary drama if you have a father who creates a lot of turmoil and issues between the woman and child. Also, the guy may just not like children, or not want to be around children than isn't his.

Not having a car, or can't drive. Probably applies to people who don't live where taxi services are easy to find, not owning a car or not having the ability to drive in an area where you have to have transportation of your own can create unnecessary problems.

Lots of debt or doesn't have a job. Sometimes these are tied together, the person can't or won't find a job to pay his or her own bills while also having some kind of debt that you cannot pay off, like a student loan or medical bills. Living paycheck to paycheck is one thing, it's a completely different problem when you have no money coming in while money constantly has to go out.

literally creating drama out of seemingly nothing. Like you have to argue over every little thing for the sake of arguing, or if you aren't arguing, it's like you're looking around for something to fight over. Why did you get Wonder Bread when you should have bought Kroger brand? Why were you looking at that girl who was walking by(when she was directly in your line of sight)? Why did you put the TP on the roller like this when it should have been the other way around? There are people who are exactly like this, and a very exhausting person to be around.

Hating your family. It's one thing to have that family member that you simply can't be around very long without wanting to strangle him. It's another when you have a few experiences with a couple members of your family, and then saying that you can't stand being around them. That's actually a lot of drama that you have to work around, and most likely this person probably isn't worth all of those issues that this creates.

These are just a few that comes to my mind, and not all of them apply to me, and they do apply to both genders.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:55 PM

52,256 posts, read 52,668,250 times
It means don't be a PITA....

Old 07-25-2014, 05:05 PM

Well, it's so vague, and thought it could mean anything. It certainly caused me not to write to them. Scary.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:09 PM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,418 times
That means he will not put up with your crap.

Ex-boyfriend issues
Emotional instability
Disrespect
Tempers
Head games

No drama...means....No Bullsh*t.

If that statement scares you away then you are going to have a very difficult time meeting a high quality man because this is their #1 requirement.

Old 07-25-2014, 05:11 PM

I think they should spell it out.

I don't know why that has to be said anyway. Who wants to put up with things they dont like? It just sounds so bitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships